Daughters bow set up

Kshusker

FNG
Bought both of my daughters Diamond Atomic bows. Oldest 8 has been shooting hers with fingers no peep and I took off the sight. Youngest 6 hasn't shot hers yet been to cold. My question is should I add a peep and get them shooting with a release and add back on the sight?. I didn't have a bow at their age so I have no reference. Any insight or here is what I did suggestions would be much appreciated.

Rob5589

WKR
I would. I started my daughter when she was about 7-8 with a compound/release/peep/sight. She came from a basic recurve. I used a single pin initially. I see no downside to getting your girls going now.

Felix40

WKR
I would let the 8 year old decide for herself. I know my 5 year old has plenty of fun without any extra gadgets. When he gets to a point where he is actually trying to be accurate I will think about setting him up with sights.

LostArra

WKR
Simpler the better at that age seems to make it more fun.
My experience with grandkids is that some will just "get it".
One of my granddaughters is extremely accurate with a bare bow recurve at 9yo. Her 8 yo brother who is more into "flight shooting" can lose three arrows in 10 minutes

Watch those kids in the archery in schools competition. They are amazing with those bare Genesis bows.