Daughters first, I got good Chocolate

Very cool and congratulations to the young lady and dad. I'm hoping you have it tanned and rugged for her. She would have a treasure to last a lifetime along with the memories. The skull bleached would make a neat addition also. If you don't go any of those routes how about saving a couple of claws and having a necklace made out of it!!

Way to go. Black bear eat good too. I hope your family enjoys it and she gets a sense of pride that she helped put meat on the table for the family. Sorry to hear you lost one of your sons. I had a young son of mine die in 2006. This is a club that no parent wants to be a member of. Our children aren't supposed to die before we do.

OP
lang

lang

Lil-Rokslider
Ya we are pretty broke so doing the hide, skull, and necklace dyi style. Wish me luck!
Sorry about your son. Rough club for sure. We lucked out and went to a grief camp just 5 weeks after that really helped and gave us a network of others that got it. You ever need to chat feel free to pm me.

Jbehredt

WKR
That is AWESOME. Congratulations young lady! Side note, some of my favorite trophies are diy mounts. Nothing that’s gonna win any awards but they bring smiles to our faces.

Rob5589

WKR
Great job! That foots as big as her head!

Never discount the girls. My 14 has taken to hunting where my son never really did.

22lr

WKR
Great looking bear, and cant wait for my girls to grow up and join me. Being able to go for a bear or any other big game hunt is never something I could do growing up, but I cant wait to take my girls with me on trips (they still have a few years though, lol).

SLA

FNG
Excellent all around. Sorry for the loss of your son. Good luck on your following projects with the bears!

RMac5

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats to the young lady and congrats to you too dad! That’s way cool that you have a daughter that likes hunting. I’m sorry for your loss, I can’t imagine. Keep that young lady in the woods.

Fowler530

WKR
Congrats to you both on a couple of nice bears!! Always enjoy seeing the ladies getting it done. Great job Dad!!(y)

swiley

FNG
Congratulations to you and your daughter! This year will be my daughter’s first year going out hunting with me. Hopefully we can get lucky and connect with a nice fall bear.