Daughters first Rifle - a "girly" 243

270quest

WKR
My daughter just passed Hunters Ed and will turn 10 next spring and be able to start hunting. For her first rifle, I had picked up a T3X 243 a couple months ago in anticipation of her passing Hunters ED. It was a great little rifle, but my daughter didn't really latch on to it - nothing about it really drew her to it So I wanted to build her something that she could really feel like was all hers.

I went on Boyds website and let her pick out a color pattern for a new stock, to which she picked purple. I ordered the stock unfinshied and with a 13" LOP. It came in and inletting was very very good. All I needed to do was finish sand, bed, and finish to a glossy finish - she thought that was pretty cool looking. I put a Ernie trigger spring in, and mounted a FFII 3-9X40 in talleys.

Was able to finish her up today and put it all together. Showed my daughter the finish product and she LOVED IT! Probably will take it to the smith and have him engrave her name in the barrel just as I did with my sons rifle. Now she really has a rifle she can call her own (although mom may break it in this fall for her)

This rifle loves 95 grain ballistics tips at 3k fps behind H4350....She now has one heck of a little rifle to call her own. Should make a dandy Mule Deer, Black Bear, Antelope "girl" rifle...maybe even a cow elk...

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
The Burris scope seems a touch short on eye relief for her to feel comfortable....probably be replacing it with a 3-9x40 Zeiss conquest - the constant 4” eye relief in those is awesome