Davis cook shacks

Going to be buying either a 16x20 with awing and interior canvas divider or 14x16 with cook shack. Will be mid, late season MT hunts, will be 2 of us the majority of the time with others (2-3) rolling in for a couple days here and there for a week to 2 weeks. With all the extras they become roughly the size. For anyone that has used the cook shack how do you like it when they are set up back to back with the double door and smaller opening vs one big open tent. The idea of having two tents, may make things more versatile. And the cook shack could be used at other times of the year when its just the wife and I versus one big ass tent for one purpose. Curious to hear from folks that have used one or the other, or both about the functionality of either tent set up.
Thanks

16x20 is a big tent when it’s just the two of you, it might be hard to find the motivation to set that up when you are just two. You can easily fit four cots in a 16x14 but five will be crowded. Having two tents is nice to seperate the cooking and hangout tent from the sleeping and gear tent. I’m in the same boat as you looking at a 14x16 and then doing either an awning or cook shack, and then possibly getting another tent for bigger groups.

Catahoula

WKR
Although this will be “new” to me for the 2021 season. I made the decision after 2020 season for a change after seeing a friends set-up, separate tent and cook tent, I was impressed to say the least. Sold off my camper last October, and began a regroup. Went to Davis Tent and ordered both 14x16 tent and 14x10 cook tent. Ordering process with Davis was wonderful/easy. Davis had my order, at the time, completed within a 3 week window. Looking forward to future use set-up back to back or the versatility of using one or the other for what ever reason. Nephewjephew, feel free to Pm me if you would like more details.

OP
N
Nice to hear my thoughts are on track with what you guys are saying. After talking it all out we are going with the 14x16 and cook shack. Some times you just can't be versatility.

Tick

WKR
Nice to hear my thoughts are on track with what you guys are saying. After talking it all out we are going with the 14x16 and cook shack. Some times you just can't be versatility.
Happy with your decision? Thinking about adding a cook shack to my 14x16 when 4 of us are in camp. I also like the idea of the cook shack alone for 1 or 2 person camp.