Davis Go Tent or bigger?

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
Set up for me and my wife was about 20min from parking to fire started and cots set up.

When it was myself and my 7yr old daughter in deep snow, about 45min?

Compare it to checking in to a busy hotel, and it really doesn't take all that much longer.

coyote_out

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Davis elk package canvas tent for the whole family, and a Cabelas Alaknak 12x12 for solo hunts. I like that alaknak a lot and with a single center pole it is easy to set up by myself. I wouldn’t want to set up my Davis solo. Can’t speak to the go tent at all but I think the alaknak covers the same goal, just not canvas.

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
What size stove are people using in their Go tent?
I have a Riley Wrangler, which is a huge stove for the small tent, and a much smaller Kni co.

Especially when really cold, I like the large stove. Obviously it can produce way more heat than needed, but it holds a lot of wood for longer burns. I can choke it down to smoldering and it will still have hot coals in the morning.

I have a Davis 14x15..with the biggest stove they make...I can set it up solo in 35ish minutes...A wall tent is like many other things in life..get a size bigger than you think you need.