Davis Go Tent Review, By Jordan Budd

jwelders

FNG
thanks for the review.
fwiw - if someone's looking to fit two people in this size wall tent, they may want to try the Disc-o-bed cots/bunks.
I have an older 10x10 wall tent, and we use the Disc-o-bed cots as bunk beds to maximize space.
for our family of four (2 parents, two kids ages 6 and 8), we use one set of cot-bunks for the adults, one set for the kids. it's a cozy fit, but it works, including the wood stove.
also, each Disc-o-bed cot easily converts to a couch for day/evening use. nice to have if the weather is sour and people are passing time in the tent.
here's a link to a product description on Cabelas (i have no affiliation with Cabelas or Disc-o-beds).

I don't know whether the wall height on this new Davis tent is tall enough to accommodate the Disc-o-bed cots along a side wall. but the cot-bunks could presumably be used along the back wall, with its taller wall height.
Thank you for sharing this. It looks like it's exactly what I need.

Robster

Lil-Rokslider
Great review. I bought on on your review. My older 12X14 will be the kitchen/common area. Go tent will be my sleep tent. Might need to get another stove too.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Great review. I bought on on your review. My older 12X14 will be the kitchen/common area. Go tent will be my sleep tent. Might need to get another stove too.
great,! do let us know what you think when you get some time on the tent.

Robster

Lil-Rokslider
So far I think it's perfect for me. I've got three nights in it already and for going solo, it's a much better size than the 12X14.
PBUp7tx.jpg

parshal

WKR
I saw a couple prototype stoves sitting there when I was in a week or so ago. Is one of those going live?

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on the go tent, but still working through my research.

What are thoughts so far on head room? Seems like the peak is plenty high for me, but if there are 2-3 people in there does it force a lot of ducking as people move around? I wouldn't expect more than myself and one of my kids to be sleeping in it, but Id also like to set it up for deer camp as a warming shack, which could have a few of us.

How does the weight/portability compare to a 10x12 with a traditional frame and sewn in floor?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on the go tent, but still working through my research.

What are thoughts so far on head room? Seems like the peak is plenty high for me, but if there are 2-3 people in there does it force a lot of ducking as people move around? I wouldn't expect more than myself and one of my kids to be sleeping in it, but Id also like to set it up for deer camp as a warming shack, which could have a few of us.

How does the weight/portability compare to a 10x12 with a traditional frame and sewn in floor?

I’m 5’9 and was in Jordan’s tent several times when we hunted Colorado, height was good. No, we couldn’t square dance, but decent room to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I’m 5’9 and was in Jordan’s tent several times when we hunted Colorado, height was good. No, we couldn’t square dance, but decent room to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought you were more of the clogging type, not square dancing. The Legend always has an ace up his sleeve

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Good review Jordon

I have seen one of these in NM woods- i’m pretty sure it’s the same tent- and the first thing that struck me was how tiny it was.

if you are 6 feet in height, I would recommend you see this in person before purchasing.

TheViking

WKR
Good review Jordon

I have seen one of these in NM woods- i’m pretty sure it’s the same tent- and the first thing that struck me was how tiny it was.

if you are 6 feet in height, I would recommend you see this in person before purchasing.

6’-8” to the peak, 3’ sidewalls. It’s enough, but not tons of head room. I’m 6’-1” and It’s not a big deal

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any updated reviews by those that have had one for awhile now?
Has remained a great option for me. After this last October using it in a snow storm I would opt for no sewn in floor. If you plan on using it in the snow or muddy conditions a lot I would consider no floor. For dry conditions and especially in the south worrying about bugs/snakes I would stick with the floor sewn in.