Day Hunt Lunch Menu Ideas?

rayporter

WKR
my coffee kit, and hot food too. for messy food i put a zip loc in the extra cup.
if warm weather i only carry one cup. flip a fuel tab under it and you are hot.

if you are putting water into a bag and waiting for it to hydrate you might as well be heating it at the same time.

for years i have been goin to try make a Ti. set but never found quite the right fit.
Dc4Ailx.jpg

KClark

WKR
Butt Hole Sandwiches
This. Hard to beat these vacuum sealed for lunch. Often it's too much for one sitting and I wind up eating it later if I'm out after dark or save it for the next day.

Toasted blueberry bagel
Crunchy peanut butter 1/4" thick on both halves
Honey drizzled over the PB
Lotsa bacon!

Vacuum seal a bunch a few days before and freeze them, they'll last a couple weeks as long as they don't get left in the sun or get above 70*+.

Smoked oysters, sardines, and god forbid... deviled ham. If you’re gonna carry the weight of cheese go for something with actual flavor like gruyere or extra sharp cheddar. TJ’s has dried cherries that taste exactly like cherry pie. Kind bars are usually pretty tasty and have more food and less corn syrup.

Cheezits. They are not processed at all but are the actual all natural feces of the abominable cheese yeti. gathered from the forest floor by gnomes.

Rook-

FNG
Good local whole wheat tortillas hold up better than bread and are good hot or cold. Fill inside just about anything good cheese, salami, sausage etc, tuna or salmon in pouches, good sardines, PB, etc. I like to make up a batch of breakfast burritos prior to the trip and wrap them in foil. Makes mornings or lunch pretty easy, tolerable cold if need be but much better when heated. Having hot liquids or food midday keeps you sharp and on task. Since you are car camping can thermos out with hot liquids from AM or have a micro stove with you.

ChuckC

WKR
Quest protein bars are great option for a meal. Lot of protein and not a lot of unnecessary carbs.

topher89

WKR
Justin's peanut butter with flat bread or tortillas, jerky, cashews or almonds, honey stingers and some sort of meat/cheese/sandwich. And a cup of coffee, that is the important part.

This. Hard to beat these vacuum sealed for lunch. Often it's too much for one sitting and I wind up eating it later if I'm out after dark or save it for the next day.

Toasted blueberry bagel
Crunchy peanut butter 1/4" thick on both halves
Honey drizzled over the PB
Lotsa bacon!

Vacuum seal a bunch a few days before and freeze them, they'll last a couple weeks as long as they don't get left in the sun or get above 70*+.
So is this a b- hole sandwich? I’m confused....

Eat big dinner. An apple and a granola bar in the pack. That’s all.
If food during day is a must, sausage and cheese block.

rayporter

WKR
sitting and glassing and want a hot meal?
if you wish you can make a great meal with hot water. ramen and mashed potatoes and stove top stuffing.

add some dried burger to the ramen. or make mac and cheese with dried burger to have with taters and stuffing. all that is needed is to pour hot water over the taters and stir -same with stuffing.

i boil the mac and burger and then put it in a zip loc before adding the cheese. the hot water will make the rest of the meal.

ham or spam singles or sausage can beef up the meal too.

i cant stand the dry chicken packs but if you like them they will work well.

gustafsj

Lil-Rokslider
I will add that in addition to the butt hole sandwiches, I've been bringing dried salami w/ tillamook cheddar, putting them in half pitas and along with my latest secret weapon- Fritos! :D

OP28Xa1.jpg

Yes, putting the Fritos on the tortilla wrap with salami and cheese is the way to go, very yummy and very caloric dense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want a hot lunch and have some time in the morning, you can make some chicken noodle soup or any soup. Get your therms and warm it up with hot water, if you do that first it stays hotter longer. Put some hot dogs or some sausage in the therms with the soup. Bring a couple buns or what ever and have hot soup and dogs for lunch.