Day One Camo / cowboy suede

Ladsontr

FNG
Has anyone ordered from Day One as of late or have their cowboy suede? How do you like the quality and how warm? Looking at either ASAT or Predator Gray patterns with them. Thanks

Their cowboy suede is excellent, I have the parka with a windstop lining. It's very quiet and I use it as my outermost layer. As my primary archery jacket it's with me from October thru early January with varying levels of layers depending on the conditions.

Just windstop is what I have.
Do you think the bibs and parka in cowboy suede with windstop only would cover me through late Oct-Nov early Dec Ohio for treestand hunting the rut. I was looking hard at FL solitude but don't care for new pattern and have heard some cons regarding its wind blocking ability. I considered the Kryptek Vellus but no bib option. I am considering the dayone bib with windstopper only, but can't decide on parka with or without insulation and windstopper

Can't speak on the bibs, but the parka is my go to layer from mid October through December for tree stand hunting whitetails. Call and talk to the owner Gary and tell him your weight and build. He helped me and I've heard similar from others. I sized my parka so I could layer underneath plenty, so it depends if you want to do that. In October I can wear it with just a base layer, or I've sat all day when the high was 25 degrees and layered a lot. That's my system that works really well for me. That jacket it just the best for tree stand hunting. Good luck!

Its says the cowboy suede on own is windproof, would adding the windproof layer be redundant? What camo did you get? I'm a big ASAT fan but considering the predator grey

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered Day One's cowboy suede unlined pants in ASAT. They mailed me a piece of cowboy suede and the wind stop material to look at beforehand. The cowboy suede will be completely silent, I had ordered in ASAT's Knarr pant and it was VERY noisy material - I was shocked that they would market such a noisy product. I sent the Knarr pants back immediately and ordered the Day one. I do wish FIrst LIte still covered the ASAT pattern. I also had Gray Wolf Woolens send me their material and it is nearly identical to cowboy suede and completely noiseless. But their pants were another $30 so I went with Day One for now. The cowboy suede or Gray Wolf material is pretty thin -thinner than blue jeans so not much insulating value by itself. The windstopper alone would double the insulation of the pant and maybe I will get a pair with windstop for later season hunting. But I'll wait and see how the Day One pant looks/fits as I have never owned or seen any of their products before.