Day One Camo

Looking to purchase Day One Camo Parka and Bib in Cowboy suede have some questions, anyone with first hand experience?

BCD

WKR
Yes sir. I have a pile of Day one including fully insulated cowboy suede bibs and parka with wind stop, parka with wind stop only and unlined pants. I really like it.

OP
S
Do you think the bibs and parka in cowboy suede with windstop only would cover me through late Oct-Nov early Dec Ohio for treestand hunting the rut. I was looking hard at FL solitude but don't care for new pattern and have heard some cons regarding its wind blocking ability. I considered the Kryptek Vellus but no bib option, and maybe too bulky. I am considering the dayone bib cowboy suede ASAT, with windstopper only, but can't decide on parka with or without insulation and windstopper.

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Not an apples to apples comparison.

First off- did you check out Gray Wolf? IMO they make better garments than Dayone.

They’re both older tech fabrics but ones that work well. You would have to have larger sizing to fit under layers for warmth to go early to late season temps. Also plan on packing this stuff in fo you get insulation as you’ll be sweating your butt off other wise.

So for the FL (own a bunch) and others- they’re better materials in a better cut and weight but they’re mass produced by foreigners. Great gear, yes. A new pickup is too but it’s not a classic you restored with your dad.

You buy dayone, gww, etc when you want the best in the camo pattern and fitment desired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ledflight

WKR
@BCD
How windproof would you call the unlined pants?
I am wondering unlined cowboy suede could be used standalone early season but also as a quiet top layer in the deeper cold. Am a NYer so low 20s is the usual lowest temps, thanks

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
@BCD
How windproof would you call the unlined pants?
I am wondering unlined cowboy suede could be used standalone early season but also as a quiet top layer in the deeper cold. Am a NYer so low 20s is the usual lowest temps, thanks

NY as well. Uninsulated pants of any kind are a bad choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk