Day pack suggestions

Badseed

WKR
Im looking for a good day pack that I can use on hikes with the family and day hunts. I prefer a bag with good organization but not too many pockets. I had a badlands 2200 and sold it because it was too heavy for simple day routes and the organization was poor in my opinion. I don’t want to spend a ton on this pack either because its just a day pack. Something $200 ish or less would be ideal.

I like the simplicity of the kuiu venture packs but I have never tried one on to evaluate it. The ability to remove the waist belt is a great idea. Im looking for comments and suggestions about the venture or similar packs. I already have a frame pack that I like so I don’t need the pro pack. Just a good day pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenzing makes great day packs that are pretty lightweight. The Badlands Superday is also decent, a little smaller than the 2200. I am currently running KUIU and love it.

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
I had the superday before and ended up selling it because the hip pockets were tough to access. They were a little too small and located too far back for my liking.

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
The pintler seems a bit much for a day pack. I don’t need it to haul meat. This is basically just to carry food, water and gear. Thats why I was eyeing the venture.

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
Im pretty convinced the venture packs fit my bill of needs. Now I just need to find one. I hate how kuiu sells out of so many products routinely.

Loving the mystery ranch pop up 28... bought mine discounted on gohunt . Can pack out 2 deer deboned in the load shelf.

2bgop

FNG
I have a Hill People Conner pack. It might be a bit bigger than what you want, but it is a great pack.

Go with your gut and get the KUIU venture. It's been my favorite day pack once I removed the stays. Putting the stays in makes it work better for heavier weight but day to day no stays are better.

KUIU's warranty is great too. It's not the most durable pack, but for organization and usefulness, it's great.

Stone Glacier Avail. It’s a little over the price you stated but I’ve seen them cheaper second hand. 3 pounds 1 ounce

Autumn

FNG
Are you looking for a hunting specific pack, or open to other options? I swear by Gregory backpacks, a little pricey, but extremely comfortable and well built.

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
Mainly looking at hunting packs. I saw the suggestion about the SG avail and it looks pretty nice. Personally, i think the colors are a bit light but it looks like a solid pack.

Autumn

FNG
Be interested to know the subtle differences between a hunting pack and a backpacking pack, besides the obvious colour/camo configurations. Every bag I have is geared toward backpacking. Checked out the SG avail, first thing I noticed was the massive hip belt.

Lowg08

WKR
I have a stone glacier avail 2200. So far it is the perfect day pack for me. Easy to organize and the color isn’t so bad. It can also pull double duty. You can remove the hip belt and shoulder straps and attach to an x-curve frame for day pack meat hauling duties.( I’m doing that). It gives you options of one frame and different arrangements. For instance I will be running the avail in standard set up for scouting or trips closer to the road. Then for longer trips avail on a frame. You can also own a larger bag ( sky talus 6900) on the frame and lastly the avail will attach to the larger bag. Giving you the option to pack in set up camp and then transfer to a meat hauling day pack. Just a few ideas for thought.

Edan

FNG
I have a stone glacier avail 2200. So far it is the perfect day pack for me. Easy to organize and the color isn’t so bad. It can also pull double duty. You can remove the hip belt and shoulder straps and attach to an x-curve frame for day pack meat hauling duties.( I’m doing that). It gives you options of one frame and different arrangements. For instance I will be running the avail in standard set up for scouting or trips closer to the road. Then for longer trips avail on a frame. You can also own a larger bag ( sky talus 6900) on the frame and lastly the avail will attach to the larger bag. Giving you the option to pack in set up camp and then transfer to a meat hauling day pack. Just a few ideas for thought.
I love that idea, may have just sealed the deal for me as well.

Lowg08

WKR
I love that idea, may have just sealed the deal for me as well.
It made the most sense to me. It really wasn’t my idea. It was suggested to me by the guys at stone glacier. They are a big help and will talk you through several ideas

Tower

FNG
Mystery Ranch Front has been a good daypack for me. I added a couple of forager pockets on the side molle, compression strap and wove bungee on the front side.