Day pack with ability to pack animal out/convert to backcountry backpack

Looking for ideas. I mostly hunt whitetails in the east from a saddle fairly far from the truck. So looking for a day pack with ability to pack meat out. But also don't want to duplicate a pack for backpack hunting trips. Considering the Kifaru Stryker for the first application with the cargo bag for the backpacking part of it. If you make room with the Kifaru for the cargo bag AND kill an animal...is there still room to haul out the cargo bag AND the meat on the meat shelf? I like that Kifaru has the strap at the top of the smaller bag that I can use to hang the pack from my tree while saddle hunting.

I'm also considering the EXO 3200 and cinch down for day pack use with the ability for a 2 or 3 day backpack (since it is 3200 cu inches). Then if I plan a longer trip....buying either the 4800 or 6400 bag for it.

Any opinions or advice or other brands to consider with those as the main uses?

Marble

WKR
Packed my 44 mag with my daypack stuff and a 4x4 buck yesterday. Had plenty of room left.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Yaada_205

FNG
I just bought a Exo K3 1800 and now Im exchanging the 1800 for a 3200. I did some research for the 3200 and its exactly what I think you are looking for. The 1800 was just a tad small, and from what I've been reading the 3200 compresses down nicely for a day pack. If you need that extra space for a 3-4 days, it can do that as well.

I'd say look into the 3200 more... also the K3 Frame is extremely comfortable, easy to modify for your fit.

Hoghead

WKR
I use my initial acent with 2k bag for day hunts. I use the 4k bag on pack trips. With either bag you can haul a animal out.
784c5dbe4da32dbc971c25ecd57b3b3b.jpg
99feaf462acf31e1ee4670a9c9d16e9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I ran my Exo 4800 as a day pack, then bought the 6400. Now I run it as a day pack...and meat hauler.

All Exos cinch down small enough for me to use for everything.

COwineguy

Lil-Rokslider
I just used my stryker with a bane as a lid for a day hunt for elk and loved it so far. Time will tell. I am headed to MO in a couple weeks and plan to use it as my whitetail setup as well. I will be doing a combination of lone wolf setup or summit climber.

I day hunted my elk tag this year with a SO Brooks. The side pockets fold over cinch down tight in day mode, but the pack itself is huge when expanded.

OP
volunteerconservationist
I just bought a Exo K3 1800 and now Im exchanging the 1800 for a 3200. I did some research for the 3200 and its exactly what I think you are looking for. The 1800 was just a tad small, and from what I've been reading the 3200 compresses down nicely for a day pack. If you need that extra space for a 3-4 days, it can do that as well.

I'd say look into the 3200 more... also the K3 Frame is extremely comfortable, easy to modify for your fit.
Glad to know that you thought the 1800 was too small. The 3200 is what I'd get in EXO if I go that route. Lots of good suggestions so far. Thanks to all that have replied. When I have time I'm going to research some of the brands/systems suggested here.

ndayton

WKR
No experience with other packs other than Mystery Ranch but I have run both the Exo k2 3500 and 5500 and when compressed down you couldn't tell the difference.
Currently run the Exo k3 4800 and I am considering replacing the bag with the 6400 which would serve as a day bag and multi day hunt bag. It is better to have the extra space and not need it then to need it and not have it.

TX_Diver

WKR
I use an Exo 4800 for everything.

I'm selling my first Exo 5500 if you end up wanting to go the 1 pack does all route.

Cheers.

My main hunting buddy and I both use a SG sky 7400 for everything now. (I was a MR guy with 4 different packs for every scenario previous to that).
The SG snugs down crazy small in daypack mode but will open right up to haul moose quarters like nobodies business or easily do 10 day sheep hunts.

One frame, one bag, do it all.
+1 for Stone Glacier packs. Even their largest bags pack down so small that it is hard to believe it's a large bag. Since it's on a full size frame designed to distribute heavy loads, it turns moderate loads into easy loads and light loads into running loads.

Then there's the load shelf that will carry 100+ lb quarters and your gear in the bag too.

No experience with other packs other than Mystery Ranch but I have run both the Exo k2 3500 and 5500 and when compressed down you couldn't tell the difference.
Currently run the Exo k3 4800 and I am considering replacing the bag with the 6400 which would serve as a day bag and multi day hunt bag. It is better to have the extra space and not need it then to need it and not have it.

That is exactly what I did. Recently picked up an extra frame on here, so now my wife has an Exo 4800 bag.

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
I just used my stryker with a bane as a lid for a day hunt for elk and loved it so far. Time will tell. I am headed to MO in a couple weeks and plan to use it as my whitetail setup as well. I will be doing a combination of lone wolf setup or summit climber.

Please let me know how the Stryker worked for you as a climbing stand hauler!

CO-AJ

WKR
I bought the Exo 6400 specifically for multi-day excursions, but I have used it for a daypack as it will cinch down that small. Love the flexibility of the Exo.