Day packs - at a good price

I’d buy a Kifaru lite frame and the new hellbender bag if you are looking to bring a good load of meat out the first trip. Been running Kifaru for about 5 years now. Just received the new bag a couple days ago. It’s going to be perfect for day trips with the ability to haul a serious load.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
I'm normally a Mystery Ranch guy but for a daypack I went with the Kuiu Divide 1500 and it's perfect for what I need. I also like that the belt is removeable because I didn't want a waistbelt on my daypack. I don't even like Kuiu stuff but that little pack is nice. For me that is.

Mil surplus day packs work well enough, are cheap as, and though enough if you pick well.
I have a German Army Mountain day pack that refuses to die after nearly twenty years of relentless abuse. It cost me a £20.

cayres67

FNG
MR Pop Up 28 if you're looking for a compact dedicated day pack with the ability to haul meat occasionally.

If you need something a bit larger to pack more layers for late season, and also more comfort hauling larger meat loads, a Guide Light MT frame with a Pintler or Sawtooth 45 bag is hard to beat. Still serves as a good day pack, with the added ability to stay out a few nights.
have you had much experience hauling meat with the guide light mt frame? if so how is it? looking to buy a pack this summer and the MR metcalf has caught my eye

tracker12

WKR
I’d buy a Kifaru lite frame and the new hellbender bag if you are looking to bring a good load of meat out the first trip. Been running Kifaru for about 5 years now. Just received the new bag a couple days ago. It’s going to be perfect for day trips with the ability to haul a serious load.
I thought he was looking for a day pack a a good price. I like Kafaru but a good price and Kifaru are not compatable lol

have you had much experience hauling meat with the guide light mt frame? if so how is it? looking to buy a pack this summer and the MR metcalf has caught my eye
Yes, I've packed out with both the Pop Up frame and the Guide Light MT frame, quite a few times in the last 4 years.

Let me say that I'm 65yo now, and 5 years ago, I made the decision to limit pack outs to roughly 60 lbs, to avoid the possibility of hurting myself. Both frames handle that weight quite well, but the Guide Light does it in much more comfort. I'm sure that if I was still in my 30s, it could handle any load that I could, and more.

That little Pop Up really amazes me, though. It's a tank.

I've actually been using and old Eddie Bauer Adventurer bag for a good long time now. It used to be my school bag but now holds all my basic needs while out.