Day Six arrows

dkime

WKR
My full disclosure would be that I was down to 4 Axis shafts before I got mine. Which i still feel are a badass shaft. Im sure that I heard about them first through Aron and the podcast because that’s the primary marketing source. I am currently doing some testing across all varieties of arrows and needed some in the 500+ category to complete my test and these fit that niche. So to say that the only reason anyone shoots them is because of the podcast is a little unfair. Yeah thats about the only place where they choose to advertise and talk about them, but I also don’t shoot the broadheads they shoot, wear the same brand camo, run the same glass, etc. I’ve been satisfied with what I’ve seen so far, I think the data will speak for itself when the testing is done but I don’t know what it is that data will say. At the end of the day it’s still a super durable arrow, that gives consumers a weight options in carbon shafts that other manufacturers don’t want to mess with. It’s a niche, but welcome to western capitalism. See a need; fill a need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrc645

FNG
I know this is a completely different arrow but could be the same issue. Check the Valkyrie YouTube channel. They only have like 4 videos. When he installed the outsert he spun the arrow bare and it spun great. When he glued on the outsert it had a slight wobble to it. With the glue still wet he twisted the outsert and spun again. He did this until it spun true. Hope that helps.

OP
P

PHo

WKR
I know this is a completely different arrow but could be the same issue. Check the Valkyrie YouTube channel. They only have like 4 videos. When he installed the outsert he spun the arrow bare and it spun great. When he glued on the outsert it had a slight wobble to it. With the glue still wet he twisted the outsert and spun again. He did this until it spun true. Hope that helps.

Yeah I think I'm gonna have to follow that example. Thanks

dkime

WKR
I've talked to Bryan a few times either over the internet or by phone. His customer service has honestly been a huge part of why I trust the arrows. We are splitting hairs over tolerances, spines, components, and to be truthful I think it maybe accounts for 20% max of what's truly important. I like the idea of supporting a guy that is willing to talk to his customers and stands behind his product. If any of you have had a bad experience with the shafts and did not find it necessary to reach out to him, I don't know if that's necessarily his issue. I do a lot of work for small start up companies, unfortunately they don't have the capacity to monitor their product at the level of larger corporations. This doesn't bother me because in every scenario or question I've posed to him, and the other small companies I trust, I've always been satisfied with the answers I've been offered.

deadend88

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a dozen. Every single one spins true with the my kudu points and field points. I didn't cut them myself. Didn't have enough faith with the outserts after I screwed up at least 4 on some deep impacts last year. I am impressed with the quality of the Day Six over anything I've shot previously. I do love my Axis 340's but these Day Six arrows fly great and I've had no issues with spin testing or flight.

Skelly

FNG
Just got my set of 250's in today. They cut them for me and I installed the 50g aluminum outserts. I used the provided epoxy and screwed on my broadhead and spun every one. I have 12 arrows that spin perfect and they did need a little adjusting while the epoxy was still fresh. It was my first time installing anything but so far so good. I'll spin them again tomorrow once they are set. So far I'm impressed.

sveltri

WKR
I center punched a log at about 14 yds tonight at our indoor league. Everyone laughed until I pulled it out and it was still perfect.

Zac

WKR
I was waiting to reply to his, but if you look at the website the new Centric component system is out. I just received mine today. It is a half out with a sleeve, kind of similar to the Gold Tip system. I'll let you know how it works but it is supposed to take care of all the previous component system problems. There is a Kifarucast labeled Alabama And Florida Hunt that covers the new system compared to the old. I am really excited to try them out.

OP
P

PHo

WKR
I actually spoke to Brian Broderick and he told me about the new Centric system. It seems like a pretty fool-proof system as far as achieving concentricity when installing the outserts, which was a common problem that was encountered with the old outserts. Super cool dude and he totally took care of all my needs/concerns.

mikemcgivern

Lil-Rokslider
I think the new outsert system is better than the original. I had three outserts pull off the shaft in the target multiple times and tried a few different glues to find one that worked. Ive broken two shafts stump shooting so nothing better than Ive tried before.

I think the new outsert system is better than the original. I had three outserts pull off the shaft in the target multiple times and tried a few different glues to find one that worked. Ive broken two shafts stump shooting so nothing better than Ive tried before.

Where did they break, right behind the insert?

One right behind the insert and one nock end cracked from impact.

When I saw them I thought their collar could be shorter and insert longer to spread out the impact force more.

Do they spin true after 2 weeks of shooting? That’s been my problem with half outs systems in micro is they shoot excellent at first but wear out quickly especially shooting long draw with high poundage.

mikemcgivern

Lil-Rokslider
They are still spinning and flying great. I do like them and don't mean to judge them too harshly by shooing stumps like a dumbass. It does look like the new system will be much better so kudos to them for the changes.