Day six broadheads

dkime

WKR
What's close? Are you worried you're going to see a difference on the target with +/- 4gr tolerance? It's most likely less than 1% of your overall arrow weight. Unless they claimed a tighter tolerance than +/- 4 gr I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

I agree, and I think the shafts are +/-3gr so you could easily batch them together (which my OCD forces me to do anyways) to make everything equal out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
Bringing this thread back up to the top. Shot my DS 125 gr 1.25" heads at 70 yards over the weekend. Flew really well and hit with FPs to as good as I could shoot. Very impressed with how sharp they have stayed. Probably put the same head through a target at least 30 times now. Wasn't shaving sharp but still finger-nail-catching sharp. A few strokes on a fine ceramic and is was popping hair again. Very cool.

Heading up to AK in August for Caribou. 505 gr Black Eagles @ 280 fps. Should I hunt with the smaller 1" Daysix heads or the larger ones? I guess it is a question of wind/flight vs cut. Haven't made up my mind yet.

dkime

WKR
Bringing this thread back up to the top. Shot my DS 125 gr 1.25" heads at 70 yards over the weekend. Flew really well and hit with FPs to as good as I could shoot. Very impressed with how sharp they have stayed. Probably put the same head through a target at least 30 times now. Wasn't shaving sharp but still finger-nail-catching sharp. A few strokes on a fine ceramic and is was popping hair again. Very cool.

Heading up to AK in August for Caribou. 505 gr Black Eagles @ 280 fps. Should I hunt with the smaller 1" Daysix heads or the larger ones? I guess it is a question of wind/flight vs cut. Haven't made up my mind yet.

505 at 280 is moving man! I’d say if you’re shooting the wider ones that well just keep after it. You’re not gonna see a ton more drift between the 2 heads when you consider it’s only about .090” per side that you’re cutting off, with that much energy retention you don’t have anything to worry about

dkime

WKR
I had to trade my archery elk tag in this year but they’ve performed just as expected on the whitetails I’ve shot this year. My first head was run through three deer before I gave it to my buddy to try for awhile. Penetration test was with my girlfriend shooting one, she shoots a 468gr D6 shaft and the standard Evo, Had zero issues getting 2 hole even when center punching scapulas. Maybe someone has some experience with larger game

Trial153

WKR
I haven't used them on game yet has just picked up a half dozen. they fly excellent and are stupid sharp. I really see them as an improved Solid clone, I killed about two dozen so animals with solids since they came came out and always had fantastic results. I can not imagine why and EVO wouldn't perform just as we'll or better conceding they are solid knocks offs with a better main blade.