Day Six HD vs Victory VAP TKO

dkime

WKR
The former, 300 Spine HD 50gr Centric 3fletch 100gr head. It has been a long time since I have shot a VAP, I had to run firenock systems on them to keep them durable and even then, the shafts were brittle.

+1 to DaySix. I shot Victory for a couple of years and my biggest complaint is the components and their availability. Either you're not consistently finding components that match your original build (different insert weights and configurations for example) or the components you do get have terrible tolerances and require a ton of work to get them to work as advertised.

Day six has about as good of an outsert system as I've seen and with very little time invested I got all my shafts to spin. The arrows are durable and the tolerances on their components are fantastic.

PHo

WKR
Out of all the .165 arrow components that I have tested, Day Six was the strongest. The arrow shafts were also the strongest I’ve tested as well.

Jralmgren

FNG
I shoot VAP SS 350 v1, I don’t think I’ll buy more. They shoot well and I haven’t had any real issues with them. The only big complaint I have is they are almost reflective in the sun. It probably doesn’t matter all that much, but it seems like it could cause issues.

OP
M

mww982

WKR
I ended up putting together a dozen VAP TKO Elites in a 300 spine, cut to 27.5 with their 50 grain shok TL outsert. Weight came in at about 485 grains. They seem to group better than the day six's I had but those were also about 80 grains heavier, so it could have been a spine issue. Tested with 5 different broadheads (Viper Tricks, Magnus Black Hornets, QAD Exodus, and TOTA 1" and 1-3/16") and they all hit with my field points at 20 yards. Will try these out for a while to see how they perform.