Day six shipping to Canada fees

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
Any Canadian getting day six shipped up to them? I ordered their broadheads about a month ago and I had 80CAD in brokerage fees. I contacted the UPS and they said because it was shipped on ground and not by air that it cost so much. Never heard of this before and never had fees more then 20CAD before on similar size items. I emailed days six and they never got back to me on how they ship their items and if they have run into issues with high fees on the costumers end. I got a lack luster response and didn't clarify anything for me.

Just wondering if you guys have ran into same issue.

Cheers.

KBC

WKR
No experience with Day six but I usually ship to a PO box just across the line and drive down and pick it up. I avoid paying any duty at least 90% of the time when I should be paying it. And yes, I'm always honest with how much and what I'm bringing back into Canada.

If you aren't close enough for that, I used to request things get shipped USPS because it ends up going through Canada Post for delivery and half the time avoided duty on things under $150ish and the other times when I was charged duty it is way cheaper than any other shipping company.

OP
R

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
USPS is the way to get stuff into Canada and avoid undue brokerage fees . Learned the hard way .

Can you request someone to ship it through USPS? Or is that on the shippers discretion?

Most things I get shipped from the states comes in by USPS, so not sure why this was UPS.

SnapT

Lil-Rokslider
I ask if they can use USPS . Most places will once you explain why . I tie flies and build flyrods so am always ordering stuff from the USA . Taxes are unavoidable but brokerage only happens with UPS etc and is imho a scam .

I learned the hard way the first year I moved to BC to avoid UPS for shipping to Canada. I had enough Cabela points to get a "free" $580 fish finder. UPS charged me $280 in shipping and fees. I about puked and will never use them for cross border shipping....as said they are con artists in my experience for that purpose.

Ship USPS which will typically will come to you via Canada Post here. Much better. But better yet is to ship to a location in the US....and bring in to Canada as part of your $800 CA personal exemptions when you're down in the US more than 48 hrs.

Last edited: