Day two is harder

I have just started my journey to a healthier like and more hunting!! Being here reading about other people has really got my ass in gear. My first two days have been rowing on a machine really kicks a guys ass. Friday i start kettle bell. Its a start every day ! If you are think about it start it but day two is harder then day 1 i am beat !
Starting weight 180.4

Over the years going through various stages of fitness, starting a routine and keeping motivated about is extremely difficult for me. When I could run that always helped. Aging knees say no more running. I too have a couple mountain hunts coming up over the next 3-4 years. At 52 I am not looking forward to more working out of any kind, but know it needs to happen.
Having dropped 30+ pounds over the last 6 months, simply by diet and zero fitness, my joints are better.
Day two sucks. So does 3 and 4.
It really is a mind set and it is very hard for me to accept a new normal. But, my hunts are dreams that are on the edge of coming true, so time to accept the suck and get prepared. It is a mind game. Period.

Citrusdude

Lil-Rokslider
Stay motivated and keep at it. Like Buckshot 85, I too ran when I could. My knees are fine, but the hips won't let me do it any more. Currently in mid 60's and working my way back from a triple by-pass. It is hard as hell to keep at it but the motivation to get and stay in the woods/mountains has me doing what I can. Hope to see you out there.

Steve

deadi

Lil-Rokslider
What keeps me going is remembering what it was like before I started 3X week training and how that was not an option for good hunting.

JayTx

FNG
Don’t forget your rest days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I do better with no rest days honestly. Do something everyday. It doesn't need to be a hardcore workout but do something. Light cardio, short ruck something to keep moving forward.