Daypack help Venture 2300 vs Sitka mountain 2700

golfbum

WKR
Looking at picking up a daypack for short day hunts, scouting, and run and gun hunts close to the truck.

looking at the venture 2300 or Sitka mountain 2700. Also interested in the MR scree 32 and possibly a popup.

I have a bigger hauler pack (metcalf) so could also just get a mule/Pinter bag but wouldn’t mind something lighter and more setup for just light duty day hunts.

any suggestions?

I'm a huge fan of the Venture 2300. I got a solid color to use daily & as a carryon.
Looks classy & holds a ton of gear. With the internal frame it's comfortable carrying a load too.
It has great organization features (something like 10 or so pockets, pouches) and it's very versatile especially with the ability to remove the hip belt & front straps, etc.
You won't regret getting it.

Krem

FNG
I'm contemplating the same thing, anyone else chime in for us over thinkers. More interested in quick access to full size spotter and tripod

When is the best time to get a kuiu pack,do they run any sales,I noticed they only had vias in stock but that’s the one I want anyway.

I'm contemplating the same thing, anyone else chime in for us over thinkers. More interested in quick access to full size spotter and tripod
It works great for that. For reference the spotter is a Leupold SX4 & fits easily in the front pouch.
Tripod is a Manfrotto 190XDB... with the head it's approx 25" tall. The straps hold it firmly in place.

2300.jpg

I've had a Pop UP 28 for 4 years now and can't imagine anything else would make me happier for day hunts. Also have a brand new Pintler bag only (Coyote) in the box if you're interested. Shoot me a PM.

Ooops! Just noticed the thread is a few months old. You probably settled on something already.