Daypack options in Canada

j_mcrane

FNG
I’m looking for a 45 (ish) litter day pack recommendations.

While a competitive shooter for years, I don’t hunt much especially since moving to Alberta. I’ve backpacked and been into bushcraft and own a 24 litter and 65 litter osprey. So, I’m hoping to purchase a 45 (ish) litter pack to act as a range bag, hunting bag, and general outdoors bag when I need a heavy duty day bag bigger than 24 litters. The ability to carry a rifle is a must. Even plinking, I need to be able to move a gun across the land. While a load shelf isn’t mandatory, it’s a nice feature. I generally try to avoid camo and stick to solid colors.

I’d like to not have to deal with shipping across the border, so I’m looking at packs I can purchase in Canada. (There goes exo, stone glacier, seek outside, and kifaru) Right now, Mystery Ranch seems to be my best option but 600 Canadian dollars is a lot for the MR Sawtooth. I considered the scapegoat 35 but was looking for at least 40 litters min.

So, what am I missing? Eberlestock gunslinger has too many bad reviews about being uncomfortable. Badlands 2200 the same.

I’m making myself crazy here. I’m trying to stay under $400 Canadian. Any advice would be appreciated.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljalberta

WKR
Might be able to pickup a decent used pack for the price if you keep an eye on some of the local forums and facebook groups.

easilyamused

Lil-Rokslider
Speaking as a fellow canadian I know where youre coming from. Id say keep your eyes on some facebook groups and classifieds to see what comes up, or if you want to buy new maybe look at the mystery ranch terraframe 50 as an option that gives you a load shelf.

walleyes

FNG
As a saskatchwan guy access to anything backcountry hunting related just doesn’t happen. I finally ordered an exo and been happy. I would keep an eye on the classifieds here and try and pick up something used to stay under the $400.

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
There’s also a mystery ranch dealer in Alberta and great north precision sells mystery ranch as well, they are in kewlona. Precision optics would be my choice. The best service you can get.

ShrtRnd

FNG
Ideally your looking at 24-2800 Cui in a bag then?

You could always log onto Kuius Canadian online shop and keep within your budget. Kuiu factors in the cost of customs etc in their shipping costs. So the final price at checkout in Cdn IS the final price, no unexpected suprises.

Personally , I have no experience with their pack systems, but it could be another viable option to look into possibly.