DCUA DS203

AkReaper

FNG
So, I drew a party tag for DS203 and its both of our first sheep hunt!!! Starting to form plans and was hoping anyone had any helpful pointers for some oldies but newbies. We haven't hunted the area before and I doubt I will be able to do any type of scouting before hand because of work. Figure to call the Delta biologist around May for some info also.
Should we hike in or fly in?
Who would be a good transporter to contact if we do fly in?
And if you are really feeling generous.......;)
TIA

Jimss

WKR
If you are getting flown in you better get on it! The best dates and drop zones may already be taken?

Snyd

WKR
Start here if you haven't already.

Be prepared for 10-15+ mile walk-in to get to sheep country unless you go up one of the short drainages off the Rich.

2 guys, one ram is a doable walk out in one trip.
2 guys 2 rams is a different deal. Some partners have done it on several sheep hunts. Over the years on trips we've gotten 2 rams we leap frog our way out. So you cover twice the distance and it takes more time. Just something to figure out ahead of time.

Charlie Boyd airstrip is the only place you can fly in to with DS203 walk-in.

Arcticmanak

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations! I drew the later hunt and would recommend calling the Delta F&G office now. They can provide helpful information to steer you in the right direction. An experienced hunter recommended Golden Eagle Outfitters in Delta for a transporter.

Last edited: