Dead Air Nomad Ti Question

SIR_34:16

FNG
I am waiting for my Nomad Ti to get out of jail and in the meantime planning a rifle to thread and put it on. I have a 270 WSM that I would like to cut down to 18" but figured I should check with Dead Air to see what the minimum length is they recommend for the 270 WSM. The specs only list a minimum barrel length for 5.56, and the can is rated up to 300 Norma Mag (no barrel restriction listed).

Their response was:
"The longer the barrel is the better sound suppression and performance you will get. If there is unburnt powder entering the titanium suppressor, it is going to cause premature baffle erosion.

We don't have a specific barrel length restriction but we'd advise you to keep it as long as possible"

Given the TBAC Ultra 5 minimum barrel length for short mags is 16", should I be okay at 18"?

STAxel

Lil-Rokslider
I like it in the 9" configuration alot, it's quite a bit louder at 7" so I'll never run it at that length.
I bought it for its modularity but knowing what I know now I would buy the LT over the Banish any day
Is the B30’s 7” configuration any louder than any other competing 7” suppressor or are you just saying you prefer the 9”?

B23

WKR
Is the B30’s 7” configuration any louder than any other competing 7” suppressor or are you just saying you prefer the 9”?
The Banish30 in full length 9in configuration is just barely quieter than the Gen1 TBAC Ultra7 so I'm guessing the B30 in 7in config. likely isn't as quiet as the TBAC Ultra 7.

I am waiting on a Banish 30 right now that is approaching one full year wait. I'm typically a TBAC guy but wanted to try something different and was lured into SC's ease of purchase sales pitch and the guys at SC were great to deal with in regard to purchasing but they seem to be rather slow getting all the paperwork sent in. To do all over again I would go with the Gen 2 Ultra 7 or DA Nomad LT.

Harvey_NW

WKR
I've read the DA Nomad Ti has better sound suppression than TBAC 7, anyone have personal experience?

I'd say it's in par with my friends ultra 7 in the shorter configuration, at 9" it's way quieter than an ultra 7.
It really is a good suppressor but the Nomads are getting awesome reviews.
The only Tbac I'd consider is the new Magnus

While I cannot comment directly on the Nomad Ti, I have heard the Nomad-30 It is very similar in sound to my Dead Air Sandman Ti, at over 1.5" shorter and a couple of oz lighter, it was enough for me to decide to buy one. I would assume the Ti version of the Nomad is a very good sounding can and at less than 10oz, it would work on a lighter rig too.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Have a dead air nomad ti, so far it is on my 6.5cm with a 20inch barrel. I love it. It’s light and just as quite as other suppressors I’ve shot.

mtlivin

FNG
Waiting on mine to get out of jail also, anyone shot theirs with the E-brake on it? I really liked that option as well and hope it allows me to spot impacts. Will shoot it on my 6.5x284 & 7mag to see what recoil it can tame well enough to spot shots, then build my short barrel rifle based on those results.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Haven’t tried mine with the e brake but it’s on a 6.5cm so recoil is already very manageable

Have a dead air nomad ti, so far it is on my 6.5cm with a 20inch barrel. I love it. It’s light and just as quite as other suppressors I’ve shot.
I have a Nomad LT and the e brake definitely made it quieter, to the point where ear pro isn't needed on a magnum

Hnthrdr

WKR
If you really want the quietest can for magnums, and don't mind 3 more ounces just go for a CGS Hyperion
I have 2 more siCo cans in the q, and another coming from the bogo so I better slow my roll for a while haha . So far I’m super pleased with my dead air. I don’t shoot magnums anymore but I’ll keep it in mind

Finn

FNG
Waiting on mine to get out of jail also, anyone shot theirs with the E-brake on it? I really liked that option as well and hope it allows me to spot impacts. Will shoot it on my 6.5x284 & 7mag to see what recoil it can tame well enough to spot shots, then build my short barrel rifle based on those results.
I am currently in the same situation you were in when you posted this and started a thread to answer the e brake/spot shots question. Just wanted to follow up and see if you have had any luck finding an answer. Thank you.