Dead Air Nomad-TI vs. TBAC Dominus

DPReef

FNG
Classified Approved
Anyone have experience with either of these or can give feedback for a comparison? I have an Ultra 7 now and looking for a second suppressor that is not an ultra.

Typical use is range practice but also a desire to take on backpack hunts. Thanks!

fatbacks

WKR
Curious to hear what others have to say... I have the Nomad Ti in jail right now. Hoping it performs as well as the regular Nomad because it is lighter and shorter than my Sportsman Ultralight.

Seems like all the Nomad Ti reviews are from folks that got to test the can early when it came out. Will be nice to see the real world performance.

Check out Tbacs most recent youtube videos, they are really helpful. The mid size can test is a good one to start with. You might have to bounce around to a few different videos to see results from all of the different cans, but they are pretty helpful. They haven't tested the Nomad Ti in any of their videos yet, but they do test the regular Nomad 30 against the ultras, and the Dominus.

I just put an ultra 7 gen 2 in jail last week, but I was in the same dilemma, I looked really hard at the Dominus, and the Nomad Ti as well as the ultra 5 & 7. I think it would be hard to go wrong with any of those cans.

OP
D

DPReef

FNG
Classified Approved
Check out Tbacs most recent youtube videos, they are really helpful. The mid size can test is a good one to start with. You might have to bounce around to a few different videos to see results from all of the different cans, but they are pretty helpful. They haven't tested the Nomad Ti in any of their videos yet, but they do test the regular Nomad 30 against the ultras, and the Dominus.

I just put an ultra 7 gen 2 in jail last week, but I was in the same dilemma, I looked really hard at the Dominus, and the Nomad Ti as well as the ultra 5 & 7. I think it would be hard to go wrong with any of those cans.
Thanks, I found the mid size can test and results posted online, appreciate bringing it up.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
Lots of info over on snipershide

I think this is the one you mentioned:

Geewhiz

WKR
What don't you like about your ultra to not want another? Or just want something different? Honestly curious

OP
D

DPReef

FNG
Classified Approved
Just want something different, but will likely still keep/use my ultra 7 for backpack hunts.

I love my ultra 7. Don't want a 5, don't need a 9.

I swap it between guns too often and want a second suppressor when switching guns during range practice. Also, can't seem to find an ultra 7 Gen 2 in stock and don't want to wait until middle of the year to get a SN. Dominus and nomad-ti are both in stock today at several places.

Last edited:
OP
D

DPReef

FNG
Classified Approved
Well the Dominus went in stock this morning and I bought it within a minute. Might still get the nomad-TI too to start a little collection, but that thing looks super shiny? Would I have to cerakote it for hunting or wrap it? Seems like that would add some weight, maybe i should just stick with my trusty TBAC.

Last edited:
You’ll have to let us know how the dominus and ultra 7 compare real world. I have the ultra 5,7,and 9 and don’t “need” another can, but you never know!

I think you made a great choice sticking with a TBAC can.

caesAR15

Lil-Rokslider
Energetic Armament's "Lux" can may also warrant a look. All Titanium, 7.9in, 9.84oz. One of the best things about EA's cans is they don't force you into any proprietary mounts or thread patterns. So if you like or are already invested in Dead Air's KeyMo system, or the Area 419 mounts, SilencerCo ASR, etc it's just a matter of buying the appropriate "back end" for your EA can and then continuing with the mount system you already have in place. Which is great if you want a can to bounce between different guns.

At the risk of sounding like some sort of fanboy, Energetic Armament is good stuff. I've got one of their rimfire cans and it's sweet. They're not a huge company, but they have a bit of a cult following and are very well respected in the industry.

OP
D

DPReef

FNG
Classified Approved
Energetic Armament's "Lux" can may also warrant a look. All Titanium, 7.9in, 9.84oz. One of the best things about EA's cans is they don't force you into any proprietary mounts or thread patterns. So if you like or are already invested in Dead Air's KeyMo system, or the Area 419 mounts, SilencerCo ASR, etc it's just a matter of buying the appropriate "back end" for your EA can and then continuing with the mount system you already have in place. Which is great if you want a can to bounce between different guns.

At the risk of sounding like some sort of fanboy, Energetic Armament is good stuff. I've got one of their rimfire cans and it's sweet. They're not a huge company, but they have a bit of a cult following and are very well respected in the industry.
I was looking at the TB30 adapter to 1.375x24 and didn't even realize they carried suppressors. I'm going to take a look, too bad they don't go through silencershop.

204guy

WKR
Well the Dominus went in stock this morning and I bought it within a minute. Might still get the nomad-TI too to start a little collection, but that thing looks super shiny? Would I have to cerakote it for hunting or wrap it? Seems like that would add some weight, maybe i should just stick with my trusty TBAC.
You lucky sob, I slept in a bit this morning, saw the email when my alarm went off and they were already sold out 34 min later.

204guy

WKR
I know but I'm all set up with the silencer shop kiosk. It's just so easy. Not sure if the local FFL could transfer 1 in and still run it through silencer shops trust.