Dead lion

sdfuller

Lil-Rokslider
Had the same thing happen to a buddy a few years ago, but he wasn’t calling cats haha. Congrats on the Cat! I’m hoping to have some luck tomorrow morning with this weather rolling in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! Ive tried the past couple years to call one in Colorado without any luck. Tough task for sure!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
Beautiful cat! How long were you laid up calling before it came in? Did you pick your spot based on fresh tracks in the snow?

OP
Huckleberry Hound
Beautiful cat! How long were you laid up calling before it came in? Did you pick your spot based on fresh tracks in the snow?

I was calling for 23 minutes when i noticed the cat was right on top of me. I didnt see any tracks before i started calling, but on the way out after the fact i saw fresh tracks all over the place from a couple different lions. I picked my calling location based off of lots of cougar sign id seen in the area over the past year or so, lots of trail cam pictures, hearing a lion whistle from my tree stand a mile away while deer hunting this season, and the fact that skinning out my buck shoowed that sometime in the day or so before i killed him he had been attacked by a lion but got away. He had claw cuts so fresh they hadnt even scabbed up yet, and lion tooth punctures in his throat. Sonehow even with his throat in a cats jaws he got away. He also had old healed up scars from another failed lion attack some time in his past. Rainshadow posted my story on his website, # O31. I also have an older story there from dec 30 2016, #O22. http://www.rain-shadow.com/cougar_callin_stories.htm

OXN939

WKR
I was calling for 23 minutes when i noticed the cat was right on top of me. I didnt see any tracks before i started calling, but on the way out after the fact i saw fresh tracks all over the place from a couple different lions... my buck shoowed that sometime in the day or so before i killed him he had been attacked by a lion but got away. He had claw cuts so fresh they hadnt even scabbed up yet, and lion tooth punctures in his throat. Sonehow even with his throat in a cats jaws he got away. He also had old healed up scars from another failed lion attack some time in his past.

This entire post is wild. Congrats on a badass story and harvesting one fair chase.

I was calling for 23 minutes when i noticed the cat was right on top of me. I didnt see any tracks before i started calling, but on the way out after the fact i saw fresh tracks all over the place from a couple different lions. I picked my calling location based off of lots of cougar sign id seen in the area over the past year or so, lots of trail cam pictures, hearing a lion whistle from my tree stand a mile away while deer hunting this season, and the fact that skinning out my buck shoowed that sometime in the day or so before i killed him he had been attacked by a lion but got away. He had claw cuts so fresh they hadnt even scabbed up yet, and lion tooth punctures in his throat. Sonehow even with his throat in a cats jaws he got away. He also had old healed up scars from another failed lion attack some time in his past. Rainshadow posted my story on his website, # O31. I also have an older story there from dec 30 2016, #O22. http://www.rain-shadow.com/cougar_callin_stories.htm

WHOA! Congrats, did you happen to get any pics of the claw marks on the buck you got? I've shot a few moose that had scars on their rear legs, i'm assuming from wolves. That's pretty cool.

OP
Huckleberry Hound
WHOA! Congrats, did you happen to get any pics of the claw marks on the buck you got? I've shot a few moose that had scars on their rear legs, i'm assuming from wolves. That's pretty cool.
No, I didn't think to take any pics. Even if I had, they'd be gone now. My phone shot the bed this morning, and I had to get a new one. Now all my pics, downloads, my contact list is all gone. What a pain in the ass.