Dead On Industries Bino Adapter?

Looking to upgrade my tripod mounting system for my ELs for next year and came across the Dead On.. anyone have any experience with it?

I was/am leaning toward the KDC adapter because there are a few things I like better about it than the outdoorsmans, but there are a few things I like better about the Dead On - not having to mess with the hinge at all to put it on, the pivot point is still the center of the bino, and I don't have to modify my binos at all, BUT..... $129 for that?!

Ok I'll bite. I have zero experience with that bino mount. Appears to be well made and a reasonable concept. That being said, seems overpriced for what it is to me as similar style mounts are significantly less expensive. I debated a similar design to this and ultimately went with the Outdoorsmans stud for my ELs and glad I did.

OP
cornfedkiller
Ok I'll bite. I have zero experience with that bino mount. Appears to be well made and a reasonable concept. That being said, seems overpriced for what it is to me as similar style mounts are significantly less expensive. I debated a similar design to this and ultimately went with the Outdoorsmans stud for my ELs and glad I did.

Thanks! I’m unaware of anything else like it other than the RRS cinch mount, which is only $10 cheaper, or the outdoorsmans bino hand, which is quite a bit cheaper but uses a ratchet strap type thing which I’m not sure I like. I’m curious if there’s something else out there that’s similar that I haven’t found?

Maybe the outdoorsmans stud/KDC is the way to go since I never hear any complaints?

I bought one for my 8.5 ELs
Was nice not to have to pigeon hole myself into someone’s proprietary system.
Overall happy with the product

That thing looks awkward.

I’ve got the Outdoorsmans stud in ELs, and agree the Kramer Designs stud and adapter is probably better.

One of the things I am looking in to is putting an ARCA plate on one of the barrels so I can leave it on my binos in the harness. It would be really cool to pull the binos out and mount in the clamp without having to deal with an adapter.

Really Right Stuff makes something that would probably fit the bill.

5peataz

FNG
I’ve tried it on my 10x42 ELs. I wasn’t a fan personally. It’s not as easy to get on and off as the outdoorsmans and you can’t pivot like you can with the outdoorsmans. Also when the binos weren’t attached it was very annoying clincking around in the truck and while hiking as the part that the bolt attaches to flops around and hits the metal. I thought maybe I could just keep it on all the time but it’s just too bulky for my bino harness. I returned it and went with the outdoorsmans.

I’ve had no issues putting it in my sitka harness while it stays attached.
If you take the time and index it where it’s concave is matching the other barrel when it’s closed up I’d say it’s even at least with the Sirui I’m running.

living north of the lower 48 it’s a bit of a process sending a set of high end Binos down, spending money on a proprietary system which isn’t cheap, getting raked over the coals for the dollar difference, paying shipping home, then getting nailed for duties.

this was a heck of a lot cheaper for me at least