Deal on a Traeger?

TauPhi111

WKR
I've been wanting to switch to a pellet grill for a while, but right now I can't really justify the price. I like Traeger's models for some of the features they have. Anyone know any ways to score a deal on one? Not opposed at all to a blem or refurbished model (I actually usually love those kinds of deals)

OP
TauPhi111

TauPhi111

WKR
I would look on craigslist, even a broken one can be easily fixed.. Also look into Green Mountain. I have the larger wifi and got it on sale for 600. I have a traeger little tex as well.

I've recently been exposed to Green Mountain as well. If they are to Traeger as Rtic is to Yeti, that might be an option.

tdhanses

WKR
Win it in a raffle like I did, lol. I’m sure there are retailer discounts and sales to keep an eye on. I’ll say this though, after owning one if I had known how much I like it I would of paid retail.

fatlander

WKR
Try to find a deal on a used one from someone upgrading to Big Green Egg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titan

WKR
Traeger is the Yeti of pellet grills. You can get same quality (or better) for less.

Costco has a Traeger guy there every once in a while, never checked prices though.

ItemB

Lil-Rokslider
Pitboss grills make a good pellet grill at a cheaper price than traeger or green mountain. I have a green mountain grill but neighbor has a pitboss that was about half the price that he really likes and they have good reviews online.

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider
I like my Green Mountain wayyyy more than the Traegers. I have a few buddies on the Traeger bandwagon, but I love GMG

check with costco when the reps come through. usually a bit cheaper and comes with free accessories.

NDGuy

WKR
Like others have said Traeger is the Yeti of pellet grills, nothing wrong with them but they are overpriced.

I would grab a GMG, Camp Chef, Pitboss over a Traeger unless you can get a really good discount. Pitboss 800 series go on sale sub $450 all the time. You'll pay $600-700 for a Traeger the same size.

Whatever you do DO NOT buy Traeger pellets. You pay an absurd amount for those $20 for 20lb bag. Buy locally or another brand for way better pricing.

I buy Pitboss pellets for $15-20 for a 40 lb bag.

psirus7

WKR
Expertvoice has great discounts on Traeger and Campchef if you qualify. I purchased my Campchef woodwind through them and it has been excellent.

They seem very overpriced for the cheap sheet metal construction. No seals or gaskets at all. I thought they were crazy to get that much for them and they be built so cheaply. Good at marketing I guess.

bdud14

FNG
Check out costco. Does deals once in a while and beauty of buying it there is they will take it back essentially forever if you save your receipt. That alone is worth buying new vs. having to deal with warrenty service at a later date. They have a variety of brands to choose from but I love my Traeger

Agross

WKR
Our propane grill is finally shot, and that meens time to upgrade to a pellet grill I have narrowed it down to green mountain and grilla grills Been going back and forth between the two and haven't decided yet As others have said, treagers are overpriced

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Camp chef best bang for your buck! I love mine.... Sear box is worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd check craigslist, as even a broken one can be readily repaired. Look into Green Mountain as well. I have the bigger wifi, which I purchased on bargain for 600 dollars. I also have a traeger little tex.
Like I did, I won it in a raffle. I'm sure there are retailer specials and discounts to look out for. However, now that I've owned one, I'll admit that if I'd realised how much I like it, I would have spent full price.

Last edited: