Dealing with lyme disease

ZEKE3344

FNG
Got lyme disease from a spring bear hunt last year. Had a tiny tick bite under my arm. First came terrible fever. Got treated with antibiotics and got through it not to bad. Then comes the insomnia and everything you like to eat makes you sick. Can't even think about eating cheese. I have been ok with red meat in moderation thank God. Be careful out there this spring, it's not a fun thing to go through.

Permethrin!

Lyme disease is a sucky thing to live with.

OP, I certainly hope your case is mild.

OP
Z

ZEKE3344

FNG
Permethrin!

Lyme disease is a sucky thing to live with.

OP, I certainly hope your case is mild.
I did use permethrin, only thing I can figure is is got me when I was sleeping and went down my back. Symptoms aren't terrible, the insomnia is the worst. Only good thing is exercise to the point of exhaustion is my release. I am in the best shape of my life but still don't feel great.

Scott1776

FNG
This is actually one of my greatest outdoors fears. Not worried about bears or mountain lions but ticks. I'm sorry about the Lymes and wish you the absolute best

Sorry to hear that. I knew someone from my high school who got it and pretty much ruined his life moving forward.

What state did you get it from? I'm assuming you reported it?

OP
Z

ZEKE3344

FNG
Just wanted to raise awareness out there. I was in Wyoming. I am somewhat lucky so far my symptoms aren't that bad , I have to eat a plain salad or rice while my family eats pizza. Haha. Already planning to go back to Wyoming this spring.

Wellsdw

WKR
I’ve heard there is a possible vaccine not to many years out. Between Working in forestry and hunting, that vaccine actually interest me. Lyme disease scares the hell out of me, and it’s just one disease of many from those damn things carry.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Got lyme disease from a spring bear hunt last year. Had a tiny tick bite under my arm. First came terrible fever. Got treated with antibiotics and got through it not to bad. Then comes the insomnia and everything you like to eat makes you sick. Can't even think about eating cheese. I have been ok with red meat in moderation thank God. Be careful out there this spring, it's not a fun thing to go through.
lymemexico.com A world class treatment facility for treating Lyme disease. I have a customer whose daughter was treated there. She was literally in a wheel chair when she was taken down there. 6 months later she was back to work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dcrafton

WKR
My daughter had it for years before she was diagnosed, by then it progressed to chronic Lyme disease.
Insurance would not cover any of the medical so I cleaned out my retirement.
But she has been Lyme free for over a year now.
My wife will have to tell me how she was cured. When I talk to my wife I’ll post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
Pulling for you to find complete wellness!
Really feel for anyone dealing with this illness.
My wife and I have a great friend, she's a helluva bow huntress and great looking gal, but lymes has really brought her low.

The issues never end for her.

I’m not an MD or in human health, but would recommend you look at some conflicting information before getting sucked down the “chronic Lyme disease” worm hole.

No matter what, I wish you well and a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CoStick

WKR
There seems to be some promising progress on a vaccine which would be great. Terrible disease for sure.

OP
Z

ZEKE3344

FNG
My wife and I have a great friend, she's a helluva bow huntress and great looking gal, but lymes has really brought her low.

Stories like that are heartbreaking. I count my blessings that it did not hit me that hard. I am 59 years old and have been hunting wyoming since 1977 when I was 15. Just another part of the story is I gambled and went early in May on a spot an stalk hunt. I never saw the first tick. My first symptom was a terrible stiff neck. If any of you were in the rockies the 2nd week of May you know they got a pretty significant snow. I was up all night keeping my tent from collapsing. By then I could feel I was not right and was eating advil like candy. I hiked out and my hunt was over. A terrible fever made me start looking and I found one tick slightly bigger than a freckle.

sneaky

"DADDY"

She really should talk to the clinic I posted up. It's in Puerto Vallarta, the mom and dad went down with their daughter and rented a place for cheap, cheap food, more effective covid treatments than here because they all ended up with it while there. Lyme really does a number on teeth as well, it destroys the enamel. Dental work there was cheap as well. He absolutely raved about the clinic and the treatment regimen.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
I got lyme’s disease when I was 12 or 13. It went untreated for about two months. Never had a fever but my joints swelled up and became extremely painful, specifically my knees. Doctors first treated it as a skateboarding injury and I cruched around with a brace on my one knee for almost a month. After no improvements I finally had some bloodwork done to find out that I had lyme’s. Never did find a tick or tick bite. Now in my early-mid 30’s I have lots of aches and pains and was told by the doctor that it could be early onset arthritis, which could be caused by untreated lyme’s. Could also be a number of other things as well though.

Wish you the best of luck in recovery.

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
Hope you recover quickly. Kid I knew from high school got Lyme but never knew it, just thought he had the flu one summer. Fast forward 15 years and he's had multiple hip/knee replacements, severe food allergies, been diagnosed with every autoimmune disease out there. Turned out to be Lyme.

I had it several years ago. Without a doubt the most sick I've ever been. Dr gave me a single heavy dose of doxy about 6 days after the bite. I spent 3-4 days on the couch, which I have no memory of. A month later I started feeling sick again and got a huge rash on my leg. That single dose is only good if administered within 24 hrs of the bite. Should have been on the month long regimen, which I got on the after getting sick the second time around.

Now I never go into the field without permethrin and DEET. F ticks.

Johnboy

WKR
I read recently that Stevia has been determined to be effective at killing the Lyme pathogen. Just something to consider.

wseidel

WKR
Though I have had numerous deer tick bites and have used doxycycline as an immediate treatment, I have not contracted Lyme disease, thankfully. I empathize with people who deal with this spirochete bacteria and know many people who suffer from this. Another option to antibiotics and Stevia would be to research Stephen Buhner's book on Lyme Disease. He is highly regarded and the protocols are detailed in the book. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 24207[1].jpeg
    24207[1].jpeg
    418.7 KB · Views: 11