Dear Abby, I SUCK at drawing tags

BluMtn

WKR
How about putting in for 20 years to draw a Washington quality bull tag. This will be my 21st year. The part that raises the hair on the back of my neck is I ran into a guy last year who was on his fourth tag.

Fitzwho

WKR
I have a buddy that went 0-for on all of his apps the last 4 years... ZERO tags drawn other than a second draw/leftover Antelope in Wyoming last year. He needs to work on his karma or something.

I have 2 tags so far for this fall (out of more than 30 apps to date). One I knew I would draw with my points total. I will be doing a lot more points only this year and next due to a bigger trip next spring (fishing on Christmas Island) that is eating up a lot of my hunting budget. The only other tag I expect to get for this fall is a Colorado LE Bear tag for September, but the decrease in tag fees there may ruin that as well.

Foldem

WKR
My strategy is to draw a CO deer and elk tag every year. Then I put in for 0.01%-5% odds tags in NV, NM, UT, AZ, WY, and CO Goat/Sheep/Moose and plan to spike a tag every 3 years or so. My spreadsheet says I have 29% chance at pulling one of my tags in those other states or CO trophy species this year based on GoHunt's draw odds compounded in my calculation.

So far the 1 good/great tag per 3 years is working out pretty generally between myself and my buddy that puts in for those states as well.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
b45aa70f012b86da8f0b3e634074b222.jpg

Got a surplus tag!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk