Dear You Tube stars…

dtrkyman

WKR
I remember years ago before the youtube hunting invasion everyone complained about all the "pros" on TV couldn't kill anything if they had to hunt public land, well I guess they were wrong!

More people, more information you should just adjust and get used to it.

FLS

WKR
None of that infomercial bullshit makes a difference. 10% of the hunters still kill 90% of the game. The only thing that’s has happened is tags are a little harder to get and take more planning. You can’t wait till the last minute anymore. Success rates haven’t changed much at all.

wapitibob

WKR
I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess most of you had help from family members when learning most of these things.
Not every one was as fortunate as us.
Yea but leading your kid around by the hand is different. He doesn't apply for tags lowering your odds, or camp in your spot.

There’s a nice combination of new school and old school—just got to get it right for you. Who gives a crap about anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of that infomercial bullshit makes a difference. 10% of the hunters still kill 90% of the game. The only thing that’s has happened is tags are a little harder to get and take more planning. You can’t wait till the last minute anymore. Success rates haven’t changed much at all.
Was just thinking about that today; funny how even with all the technology advancements, hi-res gps on your phone, bow improvements, gear improvements, success rates are the same, maybe lower.

Bit of a different take.... I use YouTube for many things to educate myself on things I want to learn about. Mostly home projects or repairs of all sorts. Never to educate myself about hunting except when I was learning the gutless way of breaking down an elk.

'Bout them YouTube stars though....you know, those D-bags that post tasteless videos showing graphic content and/or poor shooting skills all the while spewing third grade grammar. Yes, to hunt we ultimately kill. Yes, it can be bloody and sometimes despite our best intentions we shoot poorly. But why someone would post videos like that that possibly non-hunters or worse yet, anti-hunters to see and use against us is something that I view as shellfish and will never understand. I guess that I was born far too late in this world.

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
Dear youtube stars.. Thank you for laying out all the hunting info in a way that's easy to digest. Cant wait to go this fall and go 3 for 3 on elk trips... ahhh

If you want people to learn on their own, YouTube is a way to learn.
The way I see it, this country needs more people in the outdoors, hunting, buying tags, supporting hunting and wildlife in general. So if the “YouTube stars” help promote that, seems like a good thing to me.

HONEYBADGER

Lil-Rokslider
Remove internet from the state of Utah and you would just about have the problem solved. Utah folks would monetize the death of the last buffalo if they had a chance.

Really? Holy cats if you haven't seen the videos on "How to lace your boots", and "Putting gas in your rental car?", you haven't been paying attention. Or my favorite, "Antelope, for people who can't hunt anything else."

Fracking clowns insist on making a video on everything. What I would really like to see is the, "Shots we screwed up but won't show you because it will make us look like even bigger douchebags" series. No way they get all those in one YouTube segment.

Some of my personal favorites from the YouTube Idiocracy/Royalty:

"Watch 7 dudes blow bugles for 45 minutes to no response"

"We ate (insert inedible creature like wolf)!!!"

"Here's how I fit $12,500 of gear I didn't pay for in a backpack AKA gear dump"

"We shot another turkey!! (Day 37)"

"We went fishing!!!!" (because making money off hunting videos and hocking gear in June is hard)

and the cult classic "Watch me pick up these bones off the ground!!!!!" AKA shed hunting

Some of my personal favorites from the YouTube Idiocracy/Royalty:

"Watch 7 dudes blow bugles for 45 minutes to no response"

"We ate (insert inedible creature like wolf)!!!"

"Here's how I fit $12,500 of gear I didn't pay for in a backpack AKA gear dump"

"We shot another turkey!! (Day 37)"

"We went fishing!!!!" (because making money off hunting videos and hocking gear in June is hard)

and the cult classic "Watch me pick up these bones off the ground!!!!!" AKA shed hunting
You would only know all this information by watching it lol So you are saying you enjoy the shows?

You would only know all this information by watching it lol So you are saying you enjoy the shows?
"Guys, please, do us a favor and hit that bell, smash that like button, drop a comment below, hit us up on facebook, insta, tik tok, reddit, gmail, our 3rd, 4th, and 5th youtube channels, check out our merch on the website and we'll see ya in the next one!!!"

😅 😅 😅

bpietila

FNG
Just remember, everyone who got shown how to do things by dad/uncle/grandpa did not earn it either. Nor anyone who had a friend help them out along the way.

This is not talking about "earning" anything, it is just talking about controling information to control access, coming from someone who already has the information. From what I can see, this is not different than residents wanting to cut non-resident tag allotments.

Due to YouTube's profit model, the OP admitting he wants to watch any hunting content makes him part of the problem as he helps YouTubers make money and keeps them making videos.
I disagree. If you had a dad/uncle/grandpa show you then you probably had to earn it. Packing gear, setting up camp, setting stands, checking bait piles, following blood trails, butchering animals, the list goes on. The beauty of learning from a person is that it is all part of the package.
If I took a friend out and I did all the work and they sat on their ass and “didn’t earn it” I wouldn’t be taking that friend hunting again.