Death Hike in Southeast?

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
THat is a beautiful deer.

My family is from up in there and owns a cabin on the Jacks near the Jones Settlement. The number of deer I saw hunting when I was younger up there would fill a small cooler...

I wanted to follow this thread because of wanting to go back up there and bear hunt. Not sure I am in shape enough now though... Just thinking back on fishing rough creek and the falls...
If I can do it them most people can. You don't have to pack 10 miles in. You do need to be able to cover some territory looking for bear.

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
THat is a beautiful deer.

My family is from up in there and owns a cabin on the Jacks near the Jones Settlement. The number of deer I saw hunting when I was younger up there would fill a small cooler...

I wanted to follow this thread because of wanting to go back up there and bear hunt. Not sure I am in shape enough now though... Just thinking back on fishing rough creek and the falls...
There are some big deer in those mountains. This year's buck I killed just outside the wma. It was a good 50 lbs heavier than last years buck. It was certainly 225 pounds. Sorry, I thought we were talking about last years deer. I see you have been on that thread as well.

Attachments

• 20201216_095624.jpg
    20201216_095624.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I understand. That side is all I ever hunted or fished. My family has a cabin over in the Jones Settlement area.

Yep. In the old maps of the area it's shown as the Jones Settlement. I knew at one time the old man and his son. His son is still there.

Alrighty, I relocated to Blairsville GA after 15 years out west. Wondering if anyone wants to revisit this topic for 2021? Sounds like professor, carr5 and a few others know what to do.

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
Alrighty, I relocated to Blairsville GA after 15 years out west. Wondering if anyone wants to revisit this topic for 2021? Sounds like professor, carr5 and a few others know what to do.
I am still game, but really I am more interested in exploring the wilderness.

FLAK

WKR
As long as I dont draw any NM tags that conflict, I fully intend on hunting the East side this fall.

I'm looking good in June, lemme know if you all want to get something lined out. I can sometimes sneak out Thu, maybe even a Wed for a 1 or 2 night push.