dec elk tag for troubled vet?

eoperator

WKR
Is there such a thing as an over the counter elk tag in December? I have a marine vet friend that has hit bottom. Struggling with PTSD, recently divorced, and small business going belly up. I would like to buy him a tag and take him somewhere later this year to possibly change his outlook but not sure of any tags of this type. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks, mark

rob86jeep

WKR
I know you can buy New Mexico landowner cow tags still. I'm not sure of anywhere that has OTC tags that late though.

There's also Arizona Coues/Mule Deer OTC tags for Dec and Jan if your willing to try for deer.

Western Washington late archery elk season starts the day before Thanksgiving, if you're talking archery, and runs till Dec 15, either sex. I'm sure you could buy those otc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

JBenz63

FNG
Yeah I don’t know of any cow hunts but I would definitely recommend December otc Coues/ Muleys down here in AZ. It’s amazing weather and the country down south is beautiful with lots of deer

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Why not go to a ranch in South Texas. I have two buddies down there right now.....all the deer and hogs you can handle. Good food/drink around the fire pit in between hunts. I have never been, but they always have a great time and flood me with pictures.....they go every year....knowing them, it can't be very expensive.

1) awesome idea. I sure hope it works out. Life can be rough sometimes. I was I. The army for 5 years, I know how hard it can be for some guys.
2) I have no idea where to get otc tags but ice fishing up here in Wyoming can be a blast if nothing else works out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obsessed1

Lil-Rokslider
Why not take him wolf/ coyote hunting instead? Not sure about south of the border but up north here Nov-Mar is predator time

OP
E

eoperator

WKR
I asked Shawn what option he would like to pursue and he regretfully declined the offer due to custody concerns with his son and taking time off from new job.
Thank you to all who chimed in with options for a hunt.