December Nebraska Deer Hunt

Hello all,

Long time lurker but I finally made an account, and need some advice. I just found out I have some block leave between 17DEC and 11JAN. I'm looking at going to Nebraska soon after I land for the second half of the muzzleloader season. I have no preference between MD or WT and just want to get out and experience a new part of the country. I'm looking near the Imperial area just because it's close to where I'll be in CO because I don't want to be TOO far from family. I've used the public atlas and basemap to look at the WMA's and Open fields and water areas. Can anyone speak to the pressure in these areas late in December? Are there success stories or are they few and far between? I have never hunted deer (only elk) and would appreciate any tips/advice or anything that comes to mind even if you think it's obvious. Not looking for specific spots just some overall guidance for that area and those public land options. TIA

KHNC

WKR
Public land in nebraska receives extreme pressure during rifle season. Most of the deer migrate to private during that time. Mid to late december will be very tough, especially for MD. I would concentrate on WT as there are many more of them.

idguide

FNG
Hello all,

Long time lurker but I finally made an account, and need some advice. I just found out I have some block leave between 17DEC and 11JAN. I'm looking at going to Nebraska soon after I land for the second half of the muzzleloader season. I have no preference between MD or WT and just want to get out and experience a new part of the country. I'm looking near the Imperial area just because it's close to where I'll be in CO because I don't want to be TOO far from family. I've used the public atlas and basemap to look at the WMA's and Open fields and water areas. Can anyone speak to the pressure in these areas late in December? Are there success stories or are they few and far between? I have never hunted deer (only elk) and would appreciate any tips/advice or anything that comes to mind even if you think it's obvious. Not looking for specific spots just some overall guidance for that area and those public land options. TIA
Check out the public areas near scottsbluff.

NickyD

Lil-Rokslider
Hunt public that contains or borders cropland. By mid to late December deer should be back to a pretty good feeding pattern
If you know deer moved off public onto private during rifle, think they will be back on public by mid December?