Decent budget trail cameras? Recommendation wanted

TruckMonkey

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking to add 3-4 trail cameras to my scouting. Can anyone recommend a good affordable trail camera?

I don’t need top of the line, highest resolution, great pic quality, WiFi or cell service, or anything extreme. Just an affordable working camera with useable photos.

Priorities are that it works well and second budget. Cheapest one that fits the bill is best

neil.hansford

Lil-Rokslider
I've used trail cameras since they actually used a roll of film! Most companies make a good budget model now. I've settled on the Moultrie A 40, or similar model cameras. They can be found on Ebay for $60-$75. There's a trail camera thread under the General Forums on Rokslide where you may find better information.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

dingleberns

Lil-Rokslider
I typically stick with browning cameras. I did recently buy two tasco cameras from Walmart that were on clearance for $15. Here are a couple of the best pictures. The others were OK, not great...3 tom.JPGcool fan pic.JPG

Ckiko3

FNG
X2 on the browning. Worth the extra $ IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wytx

WKR
I would get some with a black flash so no one knows when it takes a pic.
Some states have outlawed cell cameras so good thing you don't want one of those, Wyoming made them illegal this year.

mardal2

FNG
I am looking to add 3-4 trail cameras to my scouting. Can anyone recommend a good affordable trail camera?

I don’t need top of the line, highest resolution, great pic quality, WiFi or cell service, or anything extreme. Just an affordable working camera with useable photos.

Priorities are that it works well and second budget. Cheapest one that fits the bill is best
Always browning, have had great luck with them

willy

FNG
Browning is a quality relatively inexpensive camera. Dark ops can be had for 100 or less at various times and they are black flash. Quiet operation no deer have detected mine based on pics, I can't say that for any other camera I have used in 11 years. I've been using Browning dark opps for 4 years.

Swede

WKR
I have not purchased a new trail cam for several years, so I do not know what is the best one on a budget. My observation was that fast trigger speed, long range sensor especially at night, and high resolution added to the cost of a camera. If your camera is going to be set out at a water hole, and you just want a basic camera to use for identifying what comes around and when, then you don't need to waste money on bells and whistles and other costly specs. If you are going to set your camera on a trail where the elk will pass by at short range in front of your camera, you will want a fast trigger or you will see a lot of elk butts. If your water hole is a long way from the place where your camera is hung, you may want one that will catch animals farther out.

Eastcoasthunter94

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using the Tasco 8mp trail cameras from Walmart and like them so far. Only $28 and I leave them up on public so it isn’t the end of the world if they get stolen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 11

Bryanboss429

Lil-Rokslider
I've had good luck buying new old stock (last year's model) Moultries - A-25, A-35, A-40. You can find them on ebay 2 for $120-$140 sometimes.

This is what I use/do. Stopped getting the WGI ones on sale from Dick's and started getting these. They work well and won't break the bank. This is from an A-35. black bear.JPG

Mosby

WKR
I have had decent luck with cheap Stealth Cams. I have a few of them that I use. I don't like to use expensive cameras on public land and they work well enough for me.