Decent hunting boots

Rodmor80

FNG
Looking for a decent pair of hunting boots for this season. Having to start fresh with everything and $300+ is outta my price range. Hunting san diego County so mostly dry with scrub brush, rocks, and some higher mountain sides. Have an A22 tag and planning on buying an AO tag, so will be trying to get 2 between Sept 4th and Dec 31st. For some of the lower elevation stuff I may utilize my hiking shoes when it's hot.
Thanks to all who post their input.

OP
R

Rodmor80

FNG
I agree. That being said, does anyone have any suggestions for a pair that may not be perfect but will work for a season or until I can buy a more high end pair.

Last edited:
Check out the Meindl Comfort Fit. I have hunted Montana, Mississippi and Utah in them and they are great. Less than $300 and will last several years as I wear mine for everyday when not hunting.

OP
R

Rodmor80

FNG
Check out the Meindl Comfort Fit. I have hunted Montana, Mississippi and Utah in them and they are great. Less than $300 and will last several years as I wear mine for everyday when not hunting.
I will check them out. Thank you.

OllieOtis

FNG
I have a pair of Danner Pronghorns I really like, and they have held up surprisingly well through hunting and daily use. I actually prefer them over other far more expensive boots I have, particularly for warmer weather.

OP
R

Rodmor80

FNG
I've been looking at the Danner and Irish setter boots but don't know a ton about either. I had a pair of under Armour and ariat boots previously.

What size? Probably enough gear queers with extras on here to hook you up with a great used pair for a fraction (myself included).

OP
R

Rodmor80

FNG
I wear a 10d-11d depending on whether the boot runs big or small. My normal tennis shoe size is a 10 1/2.

slamdmini

FNG
i have a pair of irish setters from 7-8 years ago. they were somewhere around $175. i dont even remember which model they are, but they have been awesome. they have been my only hunting/hiking boots that whole time. i have over 1000 miles in them by now. i just noticed after my scouting trip last week that the sole is starting to separate. theyve never leaked, and the stitching is all good. these boots have been great and i have no complaints. i got them from sportmans warehouse, but i checked their website and dont see anything that looks like these. i have heard the vaprtreks have durability issues but i have never had a pair so i cant say