Decoys during rifle?

Hi everyone,

Is there any point to buying a decoy for a rifle hunt? I'm planning my first trip this year but it seems like it's not a bad idea to have one in the truck in case you find one way out in the open. I'm think more of just helping to get closer not necessarily bringing them in.

Thanks,
Tim

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

topher89

WKR
Public land: I wouldn't trust other hunters to not make a dumb mistake and take a poke at me from 600 yards away.

Private land: Same as above unless I was really, really confident no one else is around i.e. unethical neighbors who would be willing to take a shot over a fence line

Public land: I wouldn't trust other hunters to not make a dumb mistake and take a poke at me from 600 yards away.

Private land: Same as above unless I was really, really confident no one else is around i.e. unethical neighbors who would be willing to take a shot over a fence line

i agree with him! That's what I do

Jimss

WKR
It would be a bit spooky hiding behind a decoy during rifle season. I really don't think you need one during rifle season. If you find a buck you are interested in just watch him from a distance. Sooner or later he'll make a mistake and go somewhere where you can get within rifle range. If he disappears over a ridge you may want to run to cut the distance.

Last edited: