Deep Impact with FOCOS outserts

Who's used them?

Had good luck with Black Eagle in the past, and I'm ready to get hurt again with the outsert situation (Hah) and would like to think someone has finally figured out how to make a durable, consistent spinning outsert.

I'm going to head out if state somewhere next year, possibly to chase pronghorn along with Iowa whitetail.

dkime

WKR
Looks a lot like the OG Day Six outsert system before they went to the centric system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was shooting the BE instincts last year, and bought a pack of the focos outserts to try on them, I do a lot of stump shooting with my recurve, but they didn't hold up at all, didn't take much of an impact to split the sleeve and get a big bend. I had the SS version, not aluminum.

imo, if I ever go back to skinnies, the Valkyrie system is the only one i'll consider. outside of that, the PITA isn't work the benefits.

i'm shooting some Blood Eagles this season to see how I like Valkyrie heads, if I like them more than iron will, I may revisit skinnies with his system, if not, i'm done with them. I like the concept, but not as much as I hate 4mm components.

OP
Jacob Chapman
I was shooting the BE instincts last year, and bought a pack of the focos outserts to try on them, I do a lot of stump shooting with my recurve, but they didn't hold up at all, didn't take much of an impact to split the sleeve and get a big bend. I had the SS version, not aluminum.

imo, if I ever go back to skinnies, the Valkyrie system is the only one i'll consider. outside of that, the PITA isn't work the benefits.

i'm shooting some Blood Eagles this season to see how I like Valkyrie heads, if I like them more than iron will, I may revisit skinnies with his system, if not, i'm done with them. I like the concept, but not as much as I hate 4mm components.

Damn, that's not encouraging at all.

Damn, that's not encouraging at all.
I did not glue the sleeves on, just used the set screw, so that could be a potential factor. I may have had different results had I glued the sleeve on too, just thought I would clear that up, not sure how much that matters.

I was under the impression they were plenty tough even if you didn't glue the sleeves, and they just weren't so I aborted that whole system. I may have a couple left, they were the size that fit the 350 spine instincts, if those are the same size you are wanting to try, i'll send you the last couple I have if you want to try them yourself... let me know, i'm not going to use the last couple, and I think I still have a couple.

if that size would work, it would be free to try them and decide for yourself.

OP
Jacob Chapman
I did not glue the sleeves on, just used the set screw, so that could be a potential factor. I may have had different results had I glued the sleeve on too, just thought I would clear that up, not sure how much that matters.

I was under the impression they were plenty tough even if you didn't glue the sleeves, and they just weren't so I aborted that whole system. I may have a couple left, they were the size that fit the 350 spine instincts, if those are the same size you are wanting to try, i'll send you the last couple I have if you want to try them yourself... let me know, i'm not going to use the last couple, and I think I still have a couple.

if that size would work, it would be free to try them and decide for yourself.

Hello sir, I think honestly I'd need the ones for the 300'd as my current wheel bow shoots 300 spine Axis with 75 grain brass inserts. I appreciate the offer though!

Rbw1989

FNG
I have the BE deep impact with the stainless outsert. If I can remember I think it’s a 68 grain outsert vs the 40 grain stock aluminum outsert? Anyways, if you take your time and spin test the arrows and line up the outsert to spin true before glueing them on, they’re a great accurate set up. It’s still going to have a little less FOC than you can get with the the set up you’re talking about, but they’re accurate and bulletproof. I’m not proud of it, but last year I had a little oopsie and might’ve shot one of them into my dining room wall from outside...... it’s stuck all the way through the wall perfectly, half the arrow outside and half inside. I just unscrewed the field point, pulled it out and did a little flex test to make sure there were no cracks in the carbon, and I still shoot that arrow today.

TristanJH

Lil-Rokslider
I feel like all my comments on archery threads here are just me gushing about the valkyrie system. But they really are unbeatable. Paired with that slightly heavier deep impact, I would imagine that it makes for as near to an indestructible arrow as you could find anywhere.