Deep Six Small Game Points

Hey all, just curious for anyone out there using 0.166 shafts and the HIT system what you’re using for small game points? I’m making the switch from Valkyrie to the iron will deep six system (not the Snyder core) and need something in my quiver for when I see the occasional rabbit squirrel or grouse. I’ll be using 125gr broadheads and field points.

I’m thinking of just using a custom made washer or one of those adder points behind my iron will field point. Any tips are appreciated!

I also was thinking of getting some ramcat 125gr deep six heads but can’t find them in stock anywhere…maybe they stopped making them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR Archer

WKR
If you can find them the Slick Trick RipTrick was offered in D6. Not sure they make them anymore though.

Besides that you could just use a field tip with an adder point behind it.

OP
thegoosano
Thanks ya that’s what I’m thinking, 100gr field point and a 25gr adder point or homemade wingnut/washer behind it if I can find one that weighs close to 25gr.

CMF

WKR
Just digging this old thread up to see if anyone has found any new solutions for small game deep six heads?

Zac

WKR
Just digging this old thread up to see if anyone has found any new solutions for small game deep six heads?
New and Deep Six shouldn’t be in the same sentence. Your only hope is if IW Bill gets into cotton tail hunting.

• Haha
Reactions: CMF
I had the hardest time finding anything for my deep six arrows too. I ended up just picking up a few cheap arrows of standard diameter/insert and using the plethora of options available for those.

The one deep six small game head had a really poor design that involved rubber bands and rendered to one use only. They’d “expand” on impact, but never go back to their original shape.

Any reason why you can't use a outsert ? Most 4mm have a glue on outsert that has the standard 8-32 threads?

CMF

WKR
Any reason why you can't use a outsert ? Most 4mm have a glue on outsert that has the standard 8-32 threads?
I may have to go that route. I want to go 4mm. It sounds like the IW HIT and collar are the best route for accuracy and durability, but then I'll have trouble shooting anything but IW heads. I'd like to shoot Sevrs and small game points as well.

What's the best route, accuracy, and durability to get a 4mm arrow and standard threads?

Hey all, just curious for anyone out there using 0.166 shafts and the HIT system what you’re using for small game points? I’m making the switch from Valkyrie to the iron will deep six system (not the Snyder core) and need something in my quiver for when I see the occasional rabbit squirrel or grouse. I’ll be using 125gr broadheads and field points.

I’m thinking of just using a custom made washer or one of those adder points behind my iron will field point. Any tips are appreciated!

I also was thinking of getting some ramcat 125gr deep six heads but can’t find them in stock anywhere…maybe they stopped making them?

G5 SGH is the only deep six compatible I've ever had experience with.

Zac

WKR
I may have to go that route. I want to go 4mm. It sounds like the IW HIT and collar are the best route for accuracy and durability, but then I'll have trouble shooting anything but IW heads. I'd like to shoot Sevrs and small game points as well.

What's the best route, accuracy, and durability to get a 4mm arrow and standard threads?
The best route is a 5mm shaft. Your banging your head against the wall for literally no reason with this 4mm outdated crap.

nphunter

WKR
You can buy ones that screw on behind your field tip and either have a little heavier head or cut a little off of the point. Make a homemade one with a screw, pronged washer and backing nut that uses the same thread size as D6, should be able to make some for super cheap and any hardware store.

Slick Trick did make them for a while, I have a few unopened packs of them but my son is currently shooting some old D6 injextions and it's nice to have them for him.

Also, some good old-fashioned slip-on rubber blunts work awesome, just add a couple of wraps of electrical or masking tape around the front of the shaft to snug them up and slip them on. We mostly use rubber blunts for all small games still. A blunt will still blow through birds, rabbits, and squirrels.

Small Game Head

Reactions: CMF