Deepfreeze: A Late Season Bowhunt

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is a migration hunt in Upper Michigan. The area I’m hunting is a ghost town early fall; almost devoid of deer until we get about a foot of snow. Then deer load up coming from as far as 50 miles away. I got into quite a few deer on this hunt. Check it out!

oldgoat

WKR
Sweet! Deer migrate out of my area I can hunt as soon as rut is over so the late season is devoid of deer. I walked several miles in 2 day old snow a few years back and didn't cut one set of tracks! Literally across the street in the old state park which is a different unit, late season ain't bad, but there's ton more land and brush etc

OP
C
Sweet! Deer migrate out of my area I can hunt as soon as rut is over so the late season is devoid of deer. I walked several miles in 2 day old snow a few years back and didn't cut one set of tracks! Literally across the street in the old state park which is a different unit, late season ain't bad, but there's ton more land and brush etc
I know the feeling. When I first came up here 15 years ago I found one of the yarding areas in Janruary. There were tons of deer. After hunting in their in the fall and hardly seeing a deer I was really confused until someone told me they migrate in there. Unit tags make it tough. Ours are good statewide, but since I used my buck tag I only have a doe tag which isn't valid where I live. I been driving an hour each way to hunt.