Deer Processor around Denver area

Code_red

Lil-Rokslider
Hello peeps. I’ll be hunting in Colorado here in a couple weeks and was wondering if anyone knows of a processor I can take my deer to if I’m lucky enough to tag out. I have to work outside of Denver the following week of my hunt so I need to find a place to keep my meet in a freezer until I head home. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WKR
My success with processors has been so bad that I just bought another grinder last year and looking for a vacuum sealer now. I had decent luck with this guy on one last year and he works slow which plays in your favor.

Steve's has a long history in Denver and does great work. He is often times totally full and turning people away. So you can't count on that one. I'd try those 2.

But for me, I'll be working late getting mine processed and frozen at home like I did for years.

Steve’s is the popular spot for sure, but I’m pretty certain you need to call ahead and make a drop off appointment. They aren’t cheap, but their sausage is great

bat-cave

WKR
I have used Steve's and they are very good .. but pricey and you're not getting back your animal.

+1 for 5280, which I have used the past two years. Less expensive (compared to Steve's), great quality and you get your animal(s) back. They do take a bit longer, so for Burger/Sausage/Jerky you need to expect several weeks for it to come back.

Yep
I’ve had Steve’s process at least 10 elk
Good sausage, expensive and you’re not getting you own animal back.
Stopped that nonsense years ago, and process my own now.
With CWD- no way I’m using a butcher anymore.

There was a USDA beef factory east of Loveland I believe called Stevings
Much better because it’s a one animal at a time deal, not sure if he is still cutting wild game though.