Deer Scat ID and Advice

I'm new to scouting for deer. I've only ever hunted on private land, mostly semi-guided. This year I am determined to hunt deer on public land here in So Cal. I've been reading a lot on this forum and elsewhere, and have done a fair bit of digital scouting and 3 hiking trips into areas that I thought might be promising. Today was the first trip that I think I saw a good amount of deer signs, scat and tracks. It rained recently, so I thought I would see tracks better today and I did. After I pushed up a fairly steep incline for about 1,500 feet through some dense brush and junipers, I found a large clearing with a few pronounced game trails and 10+ piles of deer scat. I think these are from Does not Bucks (the last pic is coyote, I think), but I was hoping someone here could help me confirm.

Since the area I found seems to have a lot of activity, I was also hoping for some advice on how to scout it next time. I walked right through the area, probably leaving my scent all over the place, so I was thinking of waiting a couple of weeks before going back, and next time I'd hike over an adjacent hill as opposed to going straight into the location. That way I can glass down into the area without disturbing it. Really looking for any advice here, and I appreciate any help I can get, even if its a simple as telling me that I found rabbit crap and to move on.

Also, this was my first trip with my new Axis pants and jacket. It was 30 degrees, windy and drizzling, and I was pushing through some dense bushes. I'm really impressed with the comfort and durability of that setup.

Thanks.

deer1.jpgdeer2.jpgdeer3.jpgcoyote.jpg

OP
Davidson51
Looks like it was deer, found these today... first time I've ever scouted and found deer, it was pretty exciting.

20210306_065931.jpg20210306_071828.jpg20210306_070504.jpg