DEET damage

LostArra

WKR
Ultrathon (3M deet product) + nitrile glove to likely spots (waist and lower legs). Once I've applied Ultrathon with a glove I never reapply in the field.
Permethrin to clothing including socks and underwear and hat well before hitting the woods.

The "Euro deet" (20% Picardin) works fine but needs more frequent application. The Ultrathon was developed for the military and works a long time if you don't use soap to wash it off.
I don't particularly like deet but I sure don't want that Lone Star tick causing a red meat allergy!

Anyone have ideas to get deet out of a soaked leather knife sheath and wood knife handle? I had a bottle leak in my door panel with knife stored in there. Took a couple months to find it.

Bluesky

FNG
Deet ate the paint off my bow grip... serious stuff, wont put it all over my skin any more after that!

Sent from my SM-T295 using Tapatalk

ShaneC

FNG
Deet is really bad. Last summer the mosquitos were bad, sprayed it all over me, including on my face and head. Some how it got in my respiratory system an through sweeting it got in my blood stream. Long story short it attacked my nervous system and cost me 4 days in the hospital. Now I can not even smell it without getting a head ache.

Maybe wash rubber with acetone. Test patch first.

100% ditched DEET. We use only Icaridin, also known as picardin. No stains, burns, smells, oils, damage, and works just as well.