Defiance Anti bolt handle issues

madcalfe

WKR
So with my recent custom build with a defiance anti ive noticed bolt clearance to be really tight against my scope.
Another person also said theirs is really tight to the point of it hitting there vx5hd in medium height tally’s. I’m currently in the process of having a new handle machined from a friend that will be similar to a regular Remington 700 style handle that will thread into the antis bolt, just curious who’s all built customs with a anti and are having this issues!
B2F1FD1F-8489-410A-A3EC-FAA09151BF09.jpeg
05849CA4-C735-484D-A79D-C021FD19A5D5.jpeg

That was one of the reasons I opted to go with the Defiance Rebel versus the AnTi on a recent build. I know the AnTi is a bit lighter weight but if you spec out the Rebel just right its only about 4-5 ozs heavier and can get it built pretty much anyway you want. I opted for the Remington style bolt handle so I would have more stock options, it also allows me to run Talley lows even with this pretty big scope and still have just enough clearance.

I think your idea though should work, maybe if the bolt handle was just a bit longer that would do it??

OP
madcalfe

madcalfe

WKR
Well I should have the handle built in a couple weeks, it will thread right into the bolt and have a bend in it to clear the scope, we haven’t decided if where going to put threads on the end yet to run a aftermarket bolt knob or have the knob machined to it🤔

Chop it a bit on the long side and tap it then you can get one of these in case you want to try a different knob down the road

Aviator

WKR
I run my long action anTI with a rail and Seekins lows still have 1/4 in clearance with a NF SHV, not near as tight as some of the NULA rifles I’ve ran.

Attachments

• 4BEA0E0C-5873-4B5F-A50F-110CDB762875.jpeg
    4BEA0E0C-5873-4B5F-A50F-110CDB762875.jpeg
    256.9 KB · Views: 100

Twain

FNG
I run my long action anTI with a rail and Seekins lows still have 1/4 in clearance with a NF SHV, not near as tight as some of the NULA rifles I’ve ran.
Any idea how the height of the rail+seekins low’s compare to the low seekins hybrid rings?

JCMCUBIC

WKR
I've had the problem on multiple Defiance actions. It's irksome. Makes it impossible to use a med to low combed stock...for me, the drop at comb can't be any more than .4" because of the scope ring height needed.

The Hawkins Hybrid lows are approximately the same height at a rail with Seekins lows. This height is about as low as will work with most medium sized eyepieces with covers. I can run a rail with APA 30mm lows but can not use covers with them. Be aware of the scope tube length requirement if you're going to try Hawkins Hybrids. They are great rings but depending on action length, a lot of scopes can't be used with them....a non cant version would be nice so they could be reversed if needed.