Defiance anTi x - owner scope mounting experience

Although it still appears the bolt will be very close and hit his caps. I want to love the anTi but this may have convinced me to spend more $ on the bat
I've mentioned this before in another thread but if you are trying to get an action as lightweight as possible without going to a Ti action you really should look at the Defiance Rebel. If you order it with the right options its only about 5 ozs heavier than a AnTi action and you can order multiple styles of bolt handles. I have 2 builds with the Rebel sheep cut port and their modified bolt handle to fit Rem 700 stocks and with a teardrop bolt knob. Also went with no rail. I'm using low Talley Lwt's on both and get good clearance even with Butler Creeks on my scope. Just a thought - its a really nice action IMHO and price is pretty good.

OP
O
I've mentioned this before in another thread but if you are trying to get an action as lightweight as possible without going to a Ti action you really should look at the Defiance Rebel. If you order it with the right options its only about 5 ozs heavier than a AnTi action and you can order multiple styles of bolt handles. I have 2 builds with the Rebel sheep cut port and their modified bolt handle to fit Rem 700 stocks and with a teardrop bolt knob. Also went with no rail. I'm using low Talley Lwt's on both and get good clearance even with Butler Creeks on my scope. Just a thought - its a really nice action IMHO and price is pretty good.

Nice looking setup! I can see that may be a good option. The bad is, at least for me… 5oz heavier… there are a lot of other options out there now that aren’t TI. For me, if I keep just saying it’s 5oz on all these parts next thing ya know it’s another pound. Also an integral rail is a must for me. I’ve had rails come loose on magnums which this will be. I do jb weld all my rails to the action but don’t want to.

BBob

WKR
Although it still appears the bolt will be very close and hit his caps. I want to love the anTi but this may have convinced me to spend more $ on the bat
The BAT Bumblebee's and Vampire's are very nice actions and a side benefit even if you don't plan on it is the swap-able bolt heads.

OP
O
The BAT Bumblebee's and Vampire's are very nice actions and a side benefit even if you don't plan on it is the swap-able bolt heads.
The vampire is probably the one I will go with. Wish it didn’t have the flat inlet.. I’m trying a xlr mag 4.0 chassis for the 1st time. If I hate it, it will be harder to sell… I’ve looked at the new kelbly nanook as well. Also the new vampire vesper. I might consider the vesper if it was priced the same as the vampire. I personally can’t justify the extra cost. I want to like the anTi X. The bolt clearance worries me and they do feel weird while running it. I’ve been around a couple in a local smiths shop.

The vampire is probably the one I will go with. Wish it didn’t have the flat inlet.. I’m trying a xlr mag 4.0 chassis for the 1st time. If I hate it, it will be harder to sell… I’ve looked at the new kelbly nanook as well. Also the new vampire vesper. I might consider the vesper if it was priced the same as the vampire. I personally can’t justify the extra cost. I want to like the anTi X. The bolt clearance worries me and they do feel weird while running it. I’ve been around a couple in a local smiths shop.
Have you looked at this one yet? 700 footprint, 60 degree bolt throw. I’m about to use one on a PRC build most likely.

BBob

WKR
I had to think twice on the extra cost for the Bumblebee and the Vesper would be even harder to swallow. I've inletted a couple of composite stocks that were originally an R700 inlet for them and it's not too bad and with XLR offering it now I'm going that way. As an aside I've asked MDT if they were going to offer the Hunt26 for the flat bottom BAT's and they say no at this time. I personally like a chassis better (thumb rest or thumb button is a must for me) and now that they can compete on weight I'll be using them more going forward. I've been shooting Eliseo chassis for quite awhile but too heavy for me for a hunt rifle.

Nice looking setup! I can see that may be a good option. The bad is, at least for me… 5oz heavier… there are a lot of other options out there now that aren’t TI. For me, if I keep just saying it’s 5oz on all these parts next thing ya know it’s another pound. Also an integral rail is a must for me. I’ve had rails come loose on magnums which this will be. I do jb weld all my rails to the action but don’t want to.
I completely understand the oz's here and there adding up. In these builds my goal was a 6 lb rifle sans scope which was tough or impossible going with even a McMillan Edge stock which is up to around 27-28ozs these days. I went with a Proof stock at a little more than 19 ozs and ended up just a half oz under 6 lbs. (y) The smith did glue on the bases but doubt its needed since both are little girlie 7MM-08s:)

OP
O
Have you looked at this one yet? 700 footprint, 60 degree bolt throw. I’m about to use one on a PRC build most likely.

I’ve looked at the kratos - same thing as I need a LA but for me the screwed/pinned rail is a deal breaker. I want a fixed/machined one. I have had a rail loosen up. It’s no good. All my rails are jb welded to the action now but going forward I will be buying integral ones. Otherwise nice actions. And good company.

OP
O
I had to think twice on the extra cost for the Bumblebee and the Vesper would be even harder to swallow. I've inletted a couple of composite stocks that were originally an R700 inlet for them and it's not too bad and with XLR offering it now I'm going that way. As an aside I've asked MDT if they were going to offer the Hunt26 for the flat bottom BAT's and they say no at this time. I personally like a chassis better (thumb rest or thumb button is a must for me) and now that they can compete on weight I'll be using them more going forward. I've been shooting Eliseo chassis for quite awhile but too heavy for me for a hunt rifle.
I’ve just never been a chassis guy really, especially on a hunting rifle. I’ve got 4 AG’s. 2 manners, a McMillan and some others. I decided to try the xlr for a folder. I hope I like it. I will skim bed it. Ordering from xlr for the inlet is easy. My fear is if I don’t really love it I can’t throw it on one of my lesser used range or pickup rifles. Or will easily sell it. If I go vampire because of the odd inlet. I think it will be a gamble I’m going to take. I can not justify the 2k price of the vesper over the 1800 vampire. I’m assuming it’s markup for the seller? I don’t blame them but $ is $. And I don’t have endless.

OP
O
I completely understand the oz's here and there adding up. In these builds my goal was a 6 lb rifle sans scope which was tough or impossible going with even a McMillan Edge stock which is up to around 27-28ozs these days. I went with a Proof stock at a little more than 19 ozs and ended up just a half oz under 6 lbs. (y) The smith did glue on the bases but doubt its needed since both are little girlie 7MM-08s:)
I’ve already done it once or twice with these 2 builds. I went with a heavier carbon barrel… and chassis and stocks. And may with scopes as well. These will both be 30 caps shooting heavies and possibly a 3rd in a 338 of sorts that’s being tested. Time will tell on the 3rd. My original goal was to shave atleast a pound off all my current LW LR setups that finish all up around 9.75 lbs but that pound has been cut to maybe .5-.75.

Ricard13

FNG
Dang, this has got me questioning the Anti X I have on order. I already have a Gunwerks CLYMR stock inlet for it… I like shorter bolt throws, but was wanting to do a lightweight build.

Those with Anti X’s and Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18 scopes how has your experience been? I also don’t like the feel of the open ended bolt knob, so I requested to just have one of their standard tear drop bolt handles put on.

I grew up hunting on weatherby mark v’s and Tikka’s, so I like the short throw. My last build I had done was a 338 Lapua in a Bat action and it clears my ATACR just fine. I guess I didn’t realize that the Anti X would be that much different.

OP
O
Dang, this has got me questioning the Anti X I have on order. I already have a Gunwerks CLYMR stock inlet for it… I like shorter bolt throws, but was wanting to do a lightweight build.

Those with Anti X’s and Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18 scopes how has your experience been? I also don’t like the feel of the open ended bolt knob, so I requested to just have one of their standard tear drop bolt handles put on.

I grew up hunting on weatherby mark v’s and Tikka’s, so I like the short throw. My last build I had done was a 338 Lapua in a Bat action and it clears my ATACR just fine. I guess I didn’t realize that the Anti X would be that much different.
Maybe I’m way off on what I’m about to say… but I feel like it’s not just a knob issue but how/where/angle the knob is attached to the bolt. I had heard/witnessed it being an issue but wasn’t sure how many were actually having it is why I posted. Before I make up my mind I was curious. For me, it’s enough concern to turn me away at this point. I reached out to defiance but haven’t heard back… I won’t be attempting to contact again at this point and will probably just grab a bat vampire. I was hoping they would tell me there’s a easy fix. I just don’t want to be limited with scopes as I change things and my mind a lot.

Wow, for me it’s a total non issue.
Me too. I just got into my safe and looked closer at my 2 builds on that action. I don’t have any bolt clearance issues or any problems. Both scopes are mounted as low as I can get them. With Hawkins lows and NF medium rings.

lukebrowning

Lil-Rokslider
I have an Anti-x on order. When I spoke with Defiance about scope clearance given I will be using 44mm objective in ARC M10 extra lows they said they can machine the bolt handle at 10 degrees rather than the standard 5 degrees but you run the risk of having stock clearance issues. This will go into an XLR Element chassis. Anyone out there with an Anti-X and XLR Element who can speak to stock clearance when the bolt handle is closed?

Darryle

WKR
**********I know this is a bit older thread**********

Has anyone receive the newest design bolts with either the 5* or 10* sweep?

coletonf

FNG
One thing not covered yet is that eye relief and how far back your scope is Mounted can also affect this situation.
Scopes like the VX5/VX6 have a very short tube and mounting them can create problems like this also.

Older thread, similar issue I’m concerned with. Looking to pickup a NX8 4-32, and eventually mount on a split rail like the Bat vampire/antiX. Curious if there’s any more experience with this group on ability to adjust eye relief for these split rails. Thanks for any info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twain

FNG
I have issues with my anti and vx5 in medium talley’s, I can’t cycle my bolt with my scope coat on.

Defiance has been helping guys out with a bolt swap I hear, might be worth emailing in to see.
@Decker9 what did you end up with for your setup? I’m putting a vx5 on an anti long action and looking at the Hawkins hybrids but unsure of which height to get proper clearance. Would appreciate your feedback.