Defund the Police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike7

WKR
When you confront police and don't obey orders, then accidents will happen...like with rioters, arsonists, violent protesters, protesters without a permit who are told to evacuate an area, the Buffalo old guy, etc...with all of these people having at least some culpability if not the primary responsibility for any injuries they sustained.

The Floyd arrest is different however, because this was a much more controlled situation. I have watched the entire Floyd arrest a couple of times, and I think that no matter how bad it looked, the knee was not likely the main cause of his death. But I do believe that Chauvin was primarily responsible with the Asian cop having some responsibility as well.

I just hope that the radical AG has not over charged Chauvin.

I suspect that the primary cause of Floyd's death was from at least 2 knees applied persistently to his thorax for a prolonged period of time while he was prone, and also on fentanyl, a respiratory depresssnt. He had gradually worsening of asphyxia from all of this. Chauvin was responsible for monitoring him, but showed no concern whatsoever.

Even when a city EMT bystander tried to warn Chauvin and the Asian cop of Floyd's deteriorating condition and even after he lost consciousness, those two cops were flippant and completely discounted the concerns.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Except Pelosi confirmed there was no tear gas, and CNN reported the 60 injured Secret service.
Link to that interview? This is what I find www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1223346

The exact opposite of what you claim.

Or is it this one? https://www.google.com/search?q=pel...sung-gs-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#

Still far from supporting the argument that what was done was right.

Even the park police see the symantics argument as lacking validity. Https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/05/politics/park-police-tear-gas/index.html

Though, the symantics argument itself may even be a lie.

However, if you like we can refer to the use of riot control agents instead. Is that PC enough for delicate sensibilities? Next someone will argue that the chemical irritants should be able to self identify as soothing substances and be allowed in the medicine cabinet of their choice.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
....protesters without a permit who are told to evacuate an area,....

Should a permit be required to exercise a First Amendment right? What about Second Amendment rights?

Over all I agree with the whole paragraph that quote came out of. People have to take responsibility for themselves. Act stupid and you might get hurt. However some principals are worth putting up with a mountain of stupid to protect.

sasquatch

WKR
This has nothing to do with him robbing a pregnant woman.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

No this don’t, however any POS in this word that does that is just an oxygen thief.

So, I could care less if every animal out there that does such things dies.

We keep being soft with these animals those things just happen more and more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Let me be clear.

PEOPLE ARE NOT PROTESTING BECAUSE HE DIDN'T DESERVE TO GET ARRESTED.

PEOPLE ARE PROTESTING BECAUSE HE DIDN'T DESERVE TO DIE.

The protesters are fighting for the protection of ALL OF US.

Anyone here, whether you admit it or not, could be wrongfully accused and arrested. You might even be angry and you might even be drunk when that happens. In that condition, you might even be non-compliant. I hope for your sake you still get the benefit of the doubt.

When you confront police and don't obey orders, then accidents will happen...like with rioters, arsonists, violent protesters, protesters without a permit who are told to evacuate an area, the Buffalo old guy, etc...with all of these people having at least some culpability if not the primary responsibility for any injuries they sustained.

The Floyd arrest is different however, because this was a much more controlled situation. I have watched the entire Floyd arrest a couple of times, and I think that no matter how bad it looked, the knee was not likely the main cause of his death. But I do believe that Chauvin was primarily responsible with the Asian cop having some responsibility as well.

I just hope that the radical AG has not over charged Chauvin.

I suspect that the primary cause of Floyd's death was from at least 2 knees applied persistently to his thorax for a prolonged period of time while he was prone, and also on fentanyl, a respiratory depresssnt. He had gradually worsening of asphyxia from all of this. Chauvin was responsible for monitoring him, but showed no concern whatsoever.

Even when a city EMT bystander tried to warn Chauvin and the Asian cop of Floyd's deteriorating condition and even after he lost consciousness, those two cops were flippant and completely discounted the concerns.
I agree with most of this.

Let me be clear.

PEOPLE ARE NOT PROTESTING BECAUSE HE DIDN'T DESERVE TO GET ARRESTED.

PEOPLE ARE PROTESTING BECAUSE HE DIDN'T DESERVE TO DIE.

The protesters are fighting for the protection of ALL OF US.

Anyone here, whether you admit it or not, could be wrongfully accused and arrested. You might even be angry and you might even be drunk when that happens. In that condition, you might even be non-compliant. I hope for your sake you still get the benefit of the doubt.

I agree with most of this.

Being drunk or on drugs does not excuse any behavior. I choose not to indulge in substances that will change my behavior or thought process. In doing so, I have had nothing but respectable interactions with the Police, and have managed to keep myself out of handcuffs for about 40 years now. It is possible to do, even though many today seem to think it isn’t. That is because everyone thinks they are entitled to something or to be treated a certain way, even when they are out of line. Not taking responsibility for ones own actions is what has us here, on both sides.

Mike7

WKR
Just a couple of months ago, truly peaceful protesters were moved off of the CA state capitol grounds, with the few remaining seated protesters who were refusing to move, getting peaceably arrested. There was no spitting on CA state police, throwing bricks at them, calling them every name in the book, etc., yet the media cheered these arrests. The only difference?...these people who were arrested were not violent communists or anarchists.

sasquatch

WKR
Just a couple of months ago, truly peaceful protesters were moved off of the CA state capitol grounds, with the few remaining seated protesters who were refusing to move, getting peaceably arrested. There was no spitting on CA state police, throwing bricks at them, calling them every name in the book, etc., yet the media cheered these arrests. The only difference?...these people who were arrested were not violent communists or anarchists.

Only in America can you serve three different sentences for drugs, serve two separate sentences for armed robbery and become a hero that everyone wants more of.

And they say the American dream is dead.

Only in America can you serve three different sentences for drugs, serve two separate sentences for armed robbery and become a hero that everyone wants more of.

And they say the American dream is dead.

What do we expect when we elect Trump? He hasn't served any jail time because he has money to get out of it. He's a con artist and a fraud. Seems like par for the course.

sasquatch

WKR
What do we expect when we elect Trump? He hasn't served any jail time because he has money to get out of it. He's a con artist and a fraud. Seems like par for the course.

Oh please. I won’t say he’s perfect by all means but sometimes it’s about what other choices were available? Hillary????

Oh please. I won’t say he’s perfect by all means but sometimes it’s about what other choices were available? Hillary????

I'm not arguing that. The fact that they were our choices is my point. The trend in this country on both sides is alarming and shows the hypocrisy. Interesting really that one would find the George Floyd martyrdom even surprising.

Edit: changed "you find the george..." to one. I don't assume you found it surprising. Just that some people find it surprising

Last edited:

jmez

WKR
Actually that is what TroyPerry said, a black official in the Democrat Congressional Campaign Committee said.

Status
Not open for further replies.