Not open for further replies.

slick

WKR
[mention]16Bore [/mention]

Correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jfs82

WKR
If they want a revolution we're going to have to close down our shops for a while and stay home from work and bring it to them.

I'd say start with the leftist media. Their either with us or against us.

Who is us? Before I respond making assumptions of what you meant.

Nutsknr

FNG
Not a cop.

But dude grabs a taser from his partner, after fighting.

We assume shooter cop knows the taser was pulled? Looking down the barel of something pointed at me, I’m not hoping it’s a taser not a pistol. I’m shooting.

MIght be time for Killer Mike, John Legend, etc to START doing PSA to NOT FIGHT THE COPS.

I heard today, EVERY interaction there is a gun. At least one.

STOP assuming your special, take the cuffs, post bail, go to court.

Oregon

WKR
I’ve got the perfect solution to this.

If a white police officer rolls up on a black subject, he must recuse himself. Call in a black officer.
If a black officer rolls up on a white subject. Recuse.

Every other race any police officer acceptable.
That will solve all the problems.
Maybe we just don’t let whites be officers?? Obviously they are trigger happy. They do kill more white people than black people who are unarmed.

Not a cop.

But dude grabs a taser from his partner, after fighting.

We assume shooter cop knows the taser was pulled? Looking down the barel of something pointed at me, I’m not hoping it’s a taser not a pistol. I’m shooting.

MIght be time for Killer Mike, John Legend, etc to START doing PSA to NOT FIGHT THE COPS.

I heard today, EVERY interaction there is a gun. At least one.

STOP assuming your special, take the cuffs, post bail, go to court.
Have you seen Chris Rock's video? It's pretty hilarious, and not wrong.

I’ve got the perfect solution to this.

If a white police officer rolls up on a black subject, he must recuse himself. Call in a black officer.
If a black officer rolls up on a white subject. Recuse.

Every other race any police officer acceptable.
That will solve all the problems.
Maybe we just don’t let whites be officers?? Obviously they are trigger happy. They do kill more white people than black people who are unarmed.
Maybe Oregon just has so little diversity and so few problems that it's hard for you to understand. It's okay, my midwestern friends have the same problem.

Why in the hell is the state parks closed

until he runs into your house, your kids school, your moms house.

right?
I think you need to do some research on when specific levels of force are justified. ;)

Officers spend a great deal of time studying use of force policy, and go through many practical scenarios to put that policy into action.

rodney482

WKR
GA law
Atlanta police dept lethal force policy

I think you need to do some research on when specific levels of force are justified. ;)

Officers spend a great deal of time studying use of force policy, and go through many practical scenarios to put that policy into action.

I especially appreciate the fact that rioters burned down the black owned business, where the incident occurred.
Super smart move.

The comment from Rodney482 is based on current training for most modern agencies for use of force involving a firearm. The Police are trained to shoot until there is no longer a threat, not shoot to wound, shoot the gun out of their hand, in the leg, etc. As much target is exposed is fired on until the threat ends meaning the suspect surrenders, drops, or drops the weapon being brandished or used to harm the officer or someone else.

It all comes from Tennessee Vs Garner and Graham Vs Connor From the US Supreme Court. The court recognized that deadly force can be used to protect an officer from serious injury or death, or to protect others from the same. Additionally, the court recognized that deadly force incidents are tense, uncertain, and rapidly evolving, and therefore officers are judged on their actions at the time based on their reasonableness, And the officer’s training and experience, not 20/20 hindsight.

As for the location of shots, if you are justified in using deadly force it does not matter how deadly force is applied. There have been numerous studies on deadly force encounters, police firearms training, perception vs reaction times. If you google “Police Officer Reaction Time Shooting” you will see lots of articles from Lexipol (the California police policy maker for most agencies) explaining action/reaction.

An easy example to explain this is someone driving down the road and having to brake or swerve to avoid an accident. It takes time for the mind to react to the threat, brake (or swerve), and then let off the brake and resume driving. The same thing often happens in a deadly force incident where the officer sees the threat, reacts, fires, then stops firing. The Atlanta case is where you see this, the reaction time to the threat is delayed a second and the incident is still in motion, resulting in the suspect being shot in the back as he fled.

Another example of where people may have seen this before is with something called “Looming”. It is where an object coming at you appears to be larger and faster than it really is. Think back to when you were a kid or played sports and someone yelled and you turned around to see a shoe, ball, or some other flying object suddenly heading your way. Many people put a hand out to deflect and often touch the object even though it was not going to hit them. The mind saw the object as a threat and you acted as the item passed. The same happens often in Officer involved shootings where a vehicle heads toward an officer. The officer fires at the vehicle and even at it as it passes when it is no longer a threat. The mind reacts to the looming, tells the body to protect by firing, then the mind delays (see action vs reaction article above) the stopping of the pulling of the trigger. In the meantime a lot of rounds could have been fired. There are things that can be trained for and things that push beyond the limit of the mind and body in concert.

Hope this makes sense.

16Bore

WKR
So essentially it’s the time between start and stop, decision and indecision, and “do I” or “don’t I”.

So essentially it’s the time between start and stop, decision and indecision, and “do I” or “don’t I”.

Sort of...

It is just the time you lose being behind the incident as it unfolds with unfortunately action always faster than reaction. It is being on the defensive side of the OODA loop. It does not always excuse the behavior or reaction by the officer, but it explains the delay in response.

Status
Not open for further replies.