Dehydrator for drying brass

Hootsma

Lil-Rokslider
Mine is nothing to it. There are cutouts in the dryer the same size and shape of the 4 legs of the rack and it simply rests on those cutouts. I’m sure yours is pretty similar.

Rich M

WKR
I don’t worry about cleaning my brass. No drying time at all.

nice to see some folks are getting something out of this post and the arguments from the OP who just wanted someone to confirm what he has chosen to want. LOL!

I picked up a hitchhiker like this once on a real hot day. Tried small talk and everything offended him. He was a real beotch. Dropped him off about a mile or two from where I found him. Whine whine moan moan. No wonder he was walking.

wyosam

WKR
Entertaining thread. My 10 rack dehydrator from cabelas has a timer and fairly small mesh on the trays. Seems like it would work. I live in Wyoming. I rinse by brass with hot water, then separate from pins. Air is dry enough here that it would be dry long before I made it to the dryer, the oven, got it spread onto dehydrator trays, or made it to the end of this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minengr

FNG
I bought the cheapest thing I saw on ebay. A used Nesco? I think. I think it was $20 shipped. It is round has 5-6 trays. Holes are pretty small and enough capacity to hold what would fit in the tumbler. However, it doesn't have a timer, but kitchen timers are pretty cheap.

Gboots

FNG
Sounds like I'd need to buy a rack. No thanks. I just want a dehydrator, like my original post states. A dedicaded unit for drying brass.

Besides, I reload in the shop and there's no clothes dryer (or oven) in the shop. That's why I specifically asked about DEHYDRATORS with a built in timer and holds 9mm.
I'm new to the reloading thing but, I've talked to a lot of people and watched a lot of YouTube, definitely not an expert but the dehydrator seems pretty key. Low maintenance, uses little electric and can be bench top saving space. That's what I'm doing. Just my two cents, make that five with today's inflation. Lol!

Vern400

WKR
Are you guys overthinking it? I put mine on a cookie sheet in the oven at maybe 180 for a few minutes and they come out dry as a popcorn fart. Unless you set it too hot and get close to the annealing temperature it's easy as falling off a bucket.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I don’t worry about cleaning my brass. No drying time at all.

nice to see some folks are getting something out of this post and the arguments from the OP who just wanted someone to confirm what he has chosen to want. LOL!

I picked up a hitchhiker like this once on a real hot day. Tried small talk and everything offended him. He was a real beotch. Dropped him off about a mile or two from where I found him. Whine whine moan moan. No wonder he was walking.

I only pick up bitch hikers when they are hot women….it’s never happened but those are the ones I’ll pick up.