Dehydrator recommendations

Can anyone recommend a good dehydrator for around $200? I’d like to be able to do up to 5lbs of venison at once. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wmr89

Lil-Rokslider
meatyourmaker.com has a 25% off sale right now. Their 10 tray is $210 with the sale. I have the six tray and it is only $100 with the sale. The 6 tray works great for me.

rclouse79

WKR
I have been super impressed with the LEM big bite, which is just above your price range. It is all metal with no plastic parts to get brittle over time. I just got four pounds of finished deer jerky and only used 8 of the 10 trays.

I’ve got the avantco 10 tray. All metal, super quiet fan, just put about 12.5 pounds of ground jerky on it tonight. Takes 9-10 hours for a full load to be done.

I also have several of the nesco round shaped dehydrators, they’re not as nice but I picked them up a yard sales for a good price, they’ve been going strong for 10+ years.

I have had good luck the past two years with my cabelas 10 tray to. Had enough poibts to buy it but id guess i can get maybe 7-8lbs of jerky in it at 1/4 slices about. If i start it at 6 am ish its probably all done between 1-4pm roughly. Also does good at back packing meals like chillinor ground meat to add to ramen. Im happy

We have an L’Equip and it’s worked well. It has the fan on the bottom so you do need to rotate the stackable trays.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for the Meat! version. I picked up the 5-tray and have been super impressed with it. I also have a cheap Ronco that I picked up several years ago and have nothing bad to say about it either.

AdamLewis

FNG
The Nesco FD-1018A has always worked well for me. It does 1000 watts and you can expand the trays up to something like 30 if you end up wanting more space.

Stalker69

WKR
Has any one tried any of the new air fryers for dehydrating, I see they have that option ? Looking at a breville unit, and notice they have it, but have not heard of anyone using it.

SDChungus

FNG
Wife bought a LEM 10 tray. 150 degree temp and did both ground and strip jerky this year. Worked great. $200 from Scheels. Im guessing 5-6 lbs of strip or 10 lbs of ground is what it can fit. Rotate trays every few hours as seems center gets done a little quicker. Food for thought (pun intended 😆)