Dehydrator.

NDGuy

WKR
This is a post I put a couple weeks ago. Looks like the price has gone back up, but might keep an eye on it. Arguably the best dehydrator on the market.

_______

FYI, anyone interested in buying a dehydrator might be interested to know that the 9-tray Excalibur w/timer is on sale at Amazon for $175 right now. They usually run $50-75 higher. Just bought one with my Santa money and will be drying things out shortly.

Amazon.com: Excalibur 3926TB Food Dehydrator with 26hr Timer, Solid Door, Black: Kitchen & Dining
Damn I missed out, they must have got nailed by Excalibur because the price has doubled now.

NDGuy

WKR
Keep an eye on them because I'm seen them drop in price occassionaly. They are great units!
I've been debating between one of them, the Cabelas, Nesco, or saying F it and just buy a new pellet grill which can do the same thing.

akuritone

FNG
For anyone interested, www.woot.com has the basic Excalibur 5 tray for $110.00 today. Inexpensive way to try out the brand, I've had many and the Excalibur is the only one that I haven't had to rotate trays to achieve even results.

NDGuy

WKR
For anyone interested, www.woot.com has the basic Excalibur 5 tray for $110.00 today. Inexpensive way to try out the brand, I've had many and the Excalibur is the only one that I haven't had to rotate trays to achieve even results.
Never heard of that site, they legit?

Mike 338

WKR
Dehydrators aren't this big complicated thing. A heating element and a fan and that's about it. I have a rectangular Nesco. The square-ish model gives more surface area which you'll appreciate. Lots of trays are a good thing if you dehydrate dinners as opposed to just snacks. The flat plate-like covers are very handy for wet stuff like chili which will fall through the holes, so buy enough of those for each tray if you expect to do that type of food.

akuritone

FNG
The site is legit. Owned by Amazon. You can even use your amazon account as your payment method. They don't ship quit as quickly though.

We run the 80L commercial Cabelas dehydrator. 12 shelves, can do a ton of jerky or fruit at once. All digital timing and not too loud. Works great for meals as well. Have had ours for 3 years now

NDGuy

WKR
Hey just a heads up everyone that site Woot has the white Excalibur 3926 dehydrator on sale for $179. I ordered one.

We run the 80L commercial Cabelas dehydrator. 12 shelves, can do a ton of jerky or fruit at once. All digital timing and not too loud. Works great for meals as well. Have had ours for 3 years now
I have the Cabelas 10 tray. Probably 5 years old. I've done apples, peaches, jerky, tomatoes and a few others. No problems or issues.

00ski00

FNG
I have a NESCO square dehydrator. I really like it for doing jerky. You can get about a pound of per tray. the square design seem to be nicer for jerky.

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
Going to hi jack a bit.

Interested in getting a dehydrator as well. Mainly for backpack meals.

Do you guys vac seal them afterwords and how long do they keep? Do you guys put the oxygen observer packets in to help prevent spoilage?

Thanks. Sorry to OP for hi jack

Kinda of late but a different point of view. We like the one with the heater/blower on top so everything else can be submerged in water for cleaning. We do a wet jerky cure, so it is immensely helpful for cleaning up the dripage. Just an option.