delayed, again

bnsafe

WKR
so this is the third time in the last four I have been delayed while buying a firearm. I dont so much as have a speeding ticket on my record, totally clean, and I put my ss number on the form to "help identify" myself.
so, do any of you use the u pin code the gov gives you and does it help. I really hate to put more numbers the gov has assigned to me on anything, but so sick and tired of being delayed. thoughts

jlh42581

WKR
Only ever been delayed once, my last purchase. Told me they're insane backed up. Went and got it the next day.

Dos XX

WKR
Classified Approved
In our state, if you have a concealed carry permit, they don't run a background, unless you are at Cabelas. For some reason they still do it.

so this is the third time in the last four I have been delayed while buying a firearm. I dont so much as have a speeding ticket on my record, totally clean, and I put my ss number on the form to "help identify" myself.
so, do any of you use the u pin code the gov gives you and does it help. I really hate to put more numbers the gov has assigned to me on anything, but so sick and tired of being delayed. thoughts

Parking lot sales never get delayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't really need a CC permit as I'm a LEO, but just for the simple fact of not having to do wait for a background makes it worthwhile (also nice in that our Sheriff doesn't charge LEO's for the permit :D)

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
I must be more dangerous than the taliban. and yea, I still cant figure out why if you have a concealed carry permit you cant go in, show it to them, and walk out with whatever you want. Ive been back grounded to death, and still get delayed.
"A free man doesnt ask for permission", guess Im not free.

tony

WKR
Has happened to me twice. First time was maybe 10 years ago, bought a S&W shield right when they came out from a shop I've dealt with for years. Called back in about 1/2 hour to "approve me".
Most recent was last year. I live in WV and went over to Ohio and bought a Marlin Trapper from a shop. Got denied/hold placed. Shop owner said if I remember right, if they don't call in a week the rifle is yours. I was going out of town for the week and he called me about 2 days later and said I could come get the gun.

WV is great as they take your CHL license as a background check. One reason I tell people to get it even though we don't need them anymore other than crossing state lines.
And starting this year we don't pay state tax on firearms and ammo.

Lelder

Lil-Rokslider
Unfortunately my dad was charged with a felony and we have the same name. He was found innocent but the damage was done and now I get delayed almost every time. 🤦‍♂️

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I have a buddy who has the same name as a felon and he ends up getting flagged every time.

In our state, if you have a concealed carry permit, they don't run a background, unless you are at Cabelas. For some reason they still do it.
Yup. Mine go through instantly. One pawn shop told they've also had delays if there is a lot of people buying guns and you have ever lived in a different state in your life, even with the CC permit but idk how valid that is

Dos XX

WKR
Classified Approved
Yup. Mine go through instantly. One pawn shop told they've also had delays if there is a lot of people buying guns and you have ever lived in a different state in your life, even with the CC permit but idk how valid that is
Here they don't even run the background check if you have cc, so there is no possibility for a delay.

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
I have my ccw permit but mo doesnt use it. not sure why. I have moved alot, maybe thats it, but I truly believe its just the gov fooling with us. cause they can. I do put my ssn on there every time. that alone should seperate me from the other people out there, which is why I think this is all a scam.