Delayed baggage

Well my goat hunt is starting off a bit off course. My stone glacier backpack and all my gear is somewhere south of AK (hopefully Seattle). My hunt is scheduled for Wednesday. The airline hopes bag will be at airport in Tues AM. We'll see. As long as it gets here early enough in my 10 day hunt to have an opportunity I'll be happy. Hope to have a good update for ya'll tomorrow.

DA

Last edited:
I was worried that this was going to happen to me as well on my sheep hunt in AK back in August. My plane from Denver to Seattle was late, so I was late getting into Seattle, which caused me to have to scoot from one terminal to another. I was certain my pack wasn’t going to make it. However, once I landed in Fairbanks, it was the third or fourth bag that came out.

I hope your goods get there in time!

OP
D
Thanks gentlemen. Will see soon enough. I'm going to keep a positive attitude and hope for the best.
:)

DA

OP
D
All right! Good news. Bag arrived this AM in time for me to fly out to camp. Thanks for letting me share. Was a bit nervous. Now, time for a goat.

DA

Dhosera

FNG
Been there, done that on a Kodiak trip. AK Airlines lost 2 of 5 bags. How do they loose (2) bags when they were all dropped off at the same time and going to the same place. Our rifles even made it, yet gear did not. So frustrating! Lost 1 whole day of hunting on a 5 day trip. I now ship my gear before hand or bring it as carry-on or a combination of both. GOODLUCK

OP
D
I got a Billy! 460 yd shot. I will give a tale to ya'll sometime soon. It was definitely a laborious endeavor lol. This flatlander was plain tuckered out! Great experience.

DA

JP100

WKR
Lucky your bag turned up!

I always tell my clients, and travel myself ready to hunt.
Boots on, rain jacket and optics in my carry on, often try and take my main pack as carry on, and gear in a duffle. Thermo rest in carry on is best thing out, when your stuck in a lay over there is nothing like pulling one out and have a good rest.

The rest you can usually borrow if need be, boots you cant!

Good luck!