• The forum is under construction. Thanks for your patience

Delete Sold Items Please

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure we all hate looking through an entire thread with comments and bumps just to get to the bottom of the page(s) and find out the item is no longer available. Remember that you are able to delete any thread you start and we appreciate when everyone deletes their own threads so we don't have to take the time to clean up the classifieds.

Thank you

jlhois

I'm sure we all hate looking through an entire thread with comments and bumps just to get to the bottom of the page(s) and find out the item is no longer available. Remember that you are able to delete any thread you start and we appreciate when everyone deletes their own threads so we don't have to take the time to clean up the classifieds.

Thank you
I'm guilty of this. Apparently can't read the instructions on how to delete. Will take care of the two I have today. Sorry folks. Thanks for the heads up Justin.

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

novcie870

I always wondered if one should wait til the transaction is complete? In other words til the item is shipped and received? Or just as soon as it sold? Thanks!

sdfuller

It is nice to have the old threads as a reference for pricing. Maybe we should just make sure to edit the first post to say sold so that people know right away?

kjw

I have a couple I'd like to delete, but I can't find where to do it through my phone. Am I missing something? any help is appreciated

What is the difference between deleting the posts and the ones that have a lock Icon on them? That is How I know the item or offer is closed. I know how to delete a post but I don't know how to "lock" it.

Boxerboxer

The problem with overzealous deletion is you don’t get a chance to leave feedback. Selfishly I’d also like to get an idea of what an item has sold for recently but I also don’t pay for hosting :)

coop22250

I figured out in mine if you choose remove from public view it allows that, just not the delete option

"If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

elkyinzer

It is nice to have the old threads as a reference for pricing. Maybe we should just make sure to edit the first post to say sold so that people know right away?
Very much agree to this, otherwise I have no freaking clue where to price an item. I think it substantial value and drives traffic to your classifieds.

Huntindog45

Thank you
I cannot seem to figure out how to delete a post.

coop22250

On tapatalk app I click the ...... button on top right, chose moderate, delete. Then you have delete or remove from public view, it says I don't have permission to delete but does allow me to remove from public view, essentially deleting it

NWHunter84

So I have noticed that when I clean up after a sale my total post number drops. This isn’t a huge deal but some members wont deal with other members with a low post count. Just throwing that out there.

Stwrt9

Did something happen to the Administrative Delete tab? I tried to delete my thread but I'm not able to delete it.